PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Considering an H3...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Default Considering an H3...

Okay guys/gals, I've beenlooking at this sitehere for a while now. Just a few questions...First, those of you who use the H3 for a daily driver...how does it handle/drive? I currently have an '06 Grand Prix GXP and love the ride, but would like to go to something different. Second...I think I would love to have a V8 in this thing...is it projected to be an '08 Alpha model or '09? I will be going to the Detroit auto show in a few weeks and I'll definitely be stoppingby the Hummer display. Thanks for any input![sm=hiya.gif]

Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Considering an H3...

Hi ace ... & [sm=welcomesign.gif]

In my humble opinion ... I'd say go for it. I went from a camaro to the H3 and I'm really happy with my decision. I've always driven low to the ground sports cars, last two had a V8. I have no complaints about the power of the H3 nor the drive. I really like driving it. If your interested you should go to a dealer, ask them to let you keep one for a day or two and drive it around. I kept one for 3 days before I made a decision about buying and I drove ... well, you name the SUV - I test drove it.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Thanks for your help. My wife drives an Envoy, and I wasn't sure about having two SUV's in the family. My GXP is very low to the ground as well. I just think I would miss a V8 under the hood, and it would be nice to have the added power.

I've had a Silverado in the past, but didn't know if these drove like a truck or is it as nice as my wife's Envoy. I hope I can test drive one in the near future. Hopefully we'll see a V8 Hummer at the NAIAS!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM

I test drove an Envoy, the H3 drives much better!!! Again, that's what I think. [8D] I have to admit ... sometimes ... (OK ... alot) [&:] I miss my camaro. I miss how it hugged the curves and would pass somebody with ease. If I had somewhere to park it I would have kept it, rather than trade. Fact is I just gave the bastards my camaro. Maybe you could keep your GXP and add the Hummer?

Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Ohhh go for it Ace! I also own a Lexus LS 430 and a corvette and I choose to drive my H3 more on a daily basis than either of the other 2 rides. I give up the luxury of driving the Lexus daily to hike up my skirt and climb up into the Hummer in high heels! (those tubular step assissts are a deadly combo with heels LOL) The H3 is on a truck chassis so there is a bit of a difference in ride than with some SUV's (I personally never drove an Envoy). I did however give up my 3rd jeep Grand Cherokee for the H3 and there was abig difference ...BUT, I LOVE[sm=smiley27.gif] LOVE [sm=smiley27.gif]LOVE [sm=smiley27.gif]my H3 (even if I am mad at it right now), it drives great, has NO problem with power or pick up despite many who "dis it's lack of power." I have left many a car and or truck behind at a red light!

PS...[sm=happybounce.gif] if it doesn't have enough power for your liking...buy it for the wife!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:04 PM

I bought my H3 3 months ago and traded my wives Yukon in on it. We actually had found a leftover H2 discounted 15K and were going to buy that. I took the H3 out and fell in love with this truck. In my opinion it has plently of power and handles great. It also gets much better gas mileage than my Yukon and looks so cool. Going from a sports car to a Hummer may take some getting used to, I still have my Mustang to drive as well as my Jeep and I am always trying to steal the H3 from the wife. Take one out for a spin and make an educated descision.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: ace22

Okay guys/gals, I've beenlooking at this sitehere for a while now. Just a few questions...First, those of you who use the H3 for a daily driver...how does it handle/drive? I currently have an '06 Grand Prix GXP and love the ride, but would like to go to something different. Second...I think I would love to have a V8 in this thing...is it projected to be an '08 Alpha model or '09? I will be going to the Detroit auto show in a few weeks and I'll definitely be stoppingby the Hummer display. Thanks for any input![sm=hiya.gif]
Take LOTS of pictures (we're QUEER that way)

Oh yeah....Name:  smile12.gif
Views: 29
Size:  3.0 KB

Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM

you can't compare the h3 to an envoy...the envoy is nothing more than a 4 wheel drive mini-van' I drove one from NJ to florida to get the motor in boat worked and it was the most boring 21 hours of my life. One thing you have to remember is that you are buying a HUMMER....they are designed to be the most capable factory made off-road SUV available, to compete with the FJ and the Wrangler. They may not have the ride of a Mercedes, the gas mileage of a Honda or the power of a Camaro...but it's a HUMMER DAMNIT......LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

They may not have the ride of a Mercedes, the gas mileage of a Honda or the power of a Camaro...but it's a HUMMER DAMNIT......LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!!!
True

Old 01-04-2007, 06:07 PM

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Hey, you all crack me up! I understand where you're coming from. In a perfect world...I'd have my Z06 and an H3. It sounds like all of you are enjoying your H3's! I will take pics at the auto show for ya in a few weeks. Thanks for all your input...and hopefully I'll join the club!

Quick Reply: Considering an H3...