PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

concerned about few things..

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 AM
NFS
Unhappy concerned about few things..

Hey guys, I have 2 questions that I would love to get some feedback about

1- when i close the driver's door, sometimes after few mins it lock by it self, just the driver door, it didnt do that before, and its very annoying. anyone can think of how this can be fixed? or why does it do that now all the sudden?

2- now this is the serious question. I took the car to the dealer to do my yearly service of transfer case and drive differential. and then after that for some reason SOMETIMES when i push on the brakes, my foot goes half way and no respond for brakes and then all the sudden a big respond and the car brake hard! i contacted the dealer and they said they never touched the brakes so i dont know how it happen all the sudden after their service! what the problem might be? its really dangerous sometimes pressing on brakes and then all the sudden i get a respond while it should respond right away and should be no delays... what the problem might be?

I really appreciate it.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

#1) do you still have the OEM Battery Terminal Connectors?

#2) have you checked the brake fluid level and the brake pad wear?

Old 12-20-2016, 01:28 PM

Check your front wheel hub bearings when they go they wobble the brake disc in between the brake pads pushing them back, so your first pump on the brake has to squeeze the space out then the brakes come back as usual.
I have had to change wheel hub bearings on both sides for that problem.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:38 PM

I haven't had the brake problem but my '08 Alpha did the door lock thing before I changed the battery terminals.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 AM
NFS

hello folks, sorry for the late respond. DOC, I have OEM battery terminals. do you think that affect the door? if yes, where do you recommend getting good battery terminals and are they easy to install?

I checked brake pads, they still have plenty because i installed them like 4 months ago, and brake fluid is good. do you think that it might need to bleed? i took it to the shop and they bleed it after i installed rotors and pads, but they might not have done it correctly...

and JONNIEH3, how do you check the hub? do you have to take off the tire or can you tell without? and what you look for to see if you have a bad hub?

Old 12-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
hello folks, sorry for the late respond. DOC, I have OEM battery terminals. do you think that affect the door? if yes, where do you recommend getting good battery terminals and are they easy to install?

I checked brake pads, they still have plenty because i installed them like 4 months ago, and brake fluid is good. do you think that it might need to bleed? i took it to the shop and they bleed it after i installed rotors and pads, but they might not have done it correctly...

and JONNIEH3, how do you check the hub? do you have to take off the tire or can you tell without? and what you look for to see if you have a bad hub?
The OEM Battery Terminal Connectors are absolute junk. Yes, a poor connection to the battery can affect anything and everything electrical. Cheap and easy way to rule those out permanently is to replace them with an aftermarket set, like Stingers or whatever brand you want. Search it out, there are threads on it. Research what size you need, brands, then Ebay or online source.

Name:  DSC02242.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  156.6 KB

Old 12-22-2016, 08:40 AM
NFS

Thanks doc, which ones are the one you got? I want ones that have a cover. And what side is the one for the hummer h3?

Do you know what can be wrong with my brakss?

Old 12-26-2016, 11:59 PM
NFS

Anyone? doc? guys? lol

Old 12-27-2016, 07:47 PM

I installed the Stingers on my 09 H3 Adventure and had a problem with them. One of the terminal connectors actually went bad. This caused me not to be able to start the truck. Before you change the terminal connectors I would take it to a certified mechanic and have it fully checked out.

I have this problem with the door locking if I slam the door too hard. I learned years ago to roll down (or lower) the driver side door of any car I was getting out of while it was running. That way I never get locked out of my car.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
Anyone? doc? guys? lol
I do not remember the model # or wire gauge off the top of my head, and I do not plan on looking it up. Measure the width of the battery wire, on google there are many conversion tables that tell you if your battery cable is ______ wide then the wire gauge is _______. Then pick a stinger terminal with that size option.

Mine are more than what you need, they have multiple w/ two large wire openings each to accommodate my winch wiring.

I would hack those POS OEM terminals off right NOW, forget that go diagnose something first. It is common knowledge that the OEMs all cause an eventual electrical issue (it is not if, only when). Always fix the easy stuff first. Battery Terminal Connectors are cheap and easy. If that does not correct your issue, then go looking for other problems, like #2 on the list, a wet BCM.

Some Stingers come in Positive and negative models, you need one of each.

These are popular: Stinger SPT55301 PRO Series Battery Terminal Works

Quick Reply: concerned about few things..