PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

concern

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: concern

Hopefully it's not another person looking for a sucker like the last time... or, is that what you just said anyway.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Administrator

if we find proof that they are scam artists, they will be off the site in a hurry, but we have been dealing with advertisers for 3 years now, and ive never had a scammer pay to advertise...

Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Administrator

so, this morning we got an email from a vendor (its pretty obvious which one) stating that due to the fact that our moderators are relentless in badgering them about things like pricing, they want their money back. we have also received a "concerned" email from another vendor who is seeing this happen, who is now also now questioning whether or not "he wants to sponsor a site where the moderators openly hassle vendors".

guys, if you dont like the product, or the pricing, then dont buy it. I dont see how it is anyones business, or how there is any relevence, to discussing how a vendor arrives at their pricing figures, but it sure as hell shouldnt be brought up on the forum. I know that everyone who can see this is an adult, and i would ask that you consider exactly what youre doing. if you feel that mcdonalds charges too much for a burger, you dont stand in the lobby and bitch about it, you just buy a burger from someone else. this has really gotten to be ridiculous. there are NO grounds for the continuous attacks of this company, andf it is to stop, right NOW. perhaps this company gives the colorado forum members a discount because they arent being attacked by the staff? just a thought...

If someone doesnt like a product, then bitch about it in here...not on the forum. if you have legitimate experience with the product and can provide constructive negative criticism about it, then by all means...but this company offers a money back guarantee, and just because you dont like the price is no reason to continuously give them a hard time. I will be trimming that post to my liking, mostly bailing water on what seems to be a sinking ship. the site isnt going to last to long if we have moderators on which hunts for vendors. no more. if you dont like it, dont comment. they might "find some loyalty here too" if only our moderators werent seemingly working so hard to get them off the site.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

We never said we didn't like the product. We asked legitamate questions, at least I did. I for one didn't attack them. If I'm going to spend close to $300 and send them the brain of my H3, I'm going to make sure I get all the facts straight. If they are taking it as an attack, then they are taking things the wrong way. I have not once attacked them. I asked legitamate technical questions about their product. If anything, I could play devil's advocate and say they are engaging in misleading business practices by misleading the consumer by false and unproven information, BUT, that is not my personal intent. I want to do it, but I want to know as much information as possible. As far as the pricing goes, if you state in a public forum that the Colorado and H3 engines are identical, and so are the PCM's (or it is incinuated by the advertiser) you should also assume that the deal they have publically posted on their home page stating an introductory rate of $99 should also be assumed by the customers here as being having include the H3's. I'm not taking it personally by any means, but I just wanted to clarify my own personal questions and actions as ones pertaining to wanting more information. I even wrote a post trying to ease things and explaining to them why we are so inquisitive. I don't think we "attacked" anybody. Asking someone about the validity of their product is not attacking them, especially considering they have absolutely NO testing to back up their results as it pertains to the H3. I am one of the most easy going people on the planet, and I understand from a business perspective why this would cause problems, but if you step back and look at it from OUR perspective (our being the consumer) we have many questions that we want answered if we are going to spend the money.

I think this is just turning into a huge misunderstanding between us, the owners of the site and the advertiser(s). If you want us to explain to them our actions then I will be more then happy to talk to them. Hell I'll even call them. Their number is right on the site. I think there is no justification for calling our questions an attack, especially since we are the ones that are putting our money into this.

NO I'm not mad or angry or any of that. I just want to express both sides of this from my perspective. I do not represent anybody else's personal thoughts but my own Please don't think I was malicious in my questioning. That was not the intent at all.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

my guess on the pricing is that the colorado people are getting a discount because they sell alot of them...it has been said in that thread that they arent the same vehicle. where additional R&D costs are incured, that expensive transfers down into the product...its simple business. plus, they may be extening a sort of "group buy" price to the colorado people...

if their PCM costs more than brand X, it very well may be a better PCM..it may be the same PCM, but they are capitalizing on the fact that people dont always shop around...i can get gas for 10 cents a gallon less if i look around a bit, but so long as the place by my house isnt incredibly high, i dont bother shopping around...its the same idea here. they said that they would sell it to people here for 149..thats less than i paid for the PCM on our truck, or car...

so, if it costs more than brand X, and it is not as good, they have a guarantee..so you can return it...if its better, then thats why it costs more. i paid 260 for the PCM for our truck, and i had to hope that it worked, because only one company makes it, and there was certainly no guarantee.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

I thought the $149 price was the deposit for the temporary replacement PCM. Thier prices they mention in the forum differ a little then on their site, so I'm assuming that is forum-only pricing. I don't remember seeing them saying the forum members could get it for $149, but I'll re-read the thread again.

And again, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but I can't possibly see how they can do R&D on a product they never tested. Testing is part of R&D, and they never tested it in the real world. That's the only reason I asked about the $99 deal. If it's $149, I'll get the deal going this week, but now I'm a little worried that if they take things so personal, they may not treat me very well as a customer, so I'm weary about it. They even admit that they use the same data for tuning the H3 as they do for the Colorado, so there's the R&D in that? (I say that with no sarcasm )

I may have made a mistake in not seeing that $149 deal, but still, it's just questions that we want answered. I hope they understand that we aren't attacking them, or aren't trying to at least. At least I'm not, I hope.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

post number 43, kelly said this:

I am willing to offer tuning at $149 to the first handful of people on this website that wish to use us. You may give me a call at 704-307-4227 to further discuss this matter, or email me at kelly@pcmforless.com.
i thought that she meant that the PCM would be 149..was i mistaken?

in the email to us about this, alvin said that he was renting an H3 in order to test the PCM, or something to that extent...i dont know where they are located, but someone should contact them and see if they cant get a free/cheap PCM in exchange for proven data.

dennis expressed interest in doing this, but im guessing that it didnt happen?

the thing is...say that someone who actually has proof of use of their product says "this product is crap. it costs more than brand x, and didnt do as much". at that point, a steady flow of interrogation can begin, but now, the odds are good that we are going to lose one, if not more than one, vendor because of this. amanda is doing everything in her power to fix it, but they are demanding things like moderators being removed, which is the absolute last thing that i want, but like i said, this puts me in a terribly difficult situation.

they are very professional in their emails, and they are mostly just asking that people ease up on them, as that thread is making them look bad, mostly based on their pricing.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

I think she may have just told you that in confidentiality. This is from the first or second post of the thread:

"So what are my options for ordering?

1. You can send us your stock PCM up front. Fill out an ordersheet, make a payment, send in your PCM. When we receive the PCM we will tune it and send it back to you. Total cost, $199 + shipping ($15 priority, $30 express).

2. You can use one of our core computers. Fill out an ordersheet, make a payment. We will tune our core computer, send it to you. You install that computer, send us your stock computer (must be postmarked within 7 days). Total cost, $324 + shipping up front, and then $125 refund when we receive your PCM. "

That was my understanding.

Also, What is this?

"Please also refrain from making sexual comments towards my employee Kelly as find it incredibly rude, unprofessional, and unbecoming of a moderator."

Excuse my language here, but when the hell did Dennis say ANYTHING sexual or rude to Kelly? Kelly can be a man. I never read anything about any sexual references or any knock on her.

Did I miss something?[]

I just posted another message in the Main thread.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Another thing is I don't remember anybody ever having a problem with the pricing. I sure don't. I think for the money it's a great deal. I think because of all the confusion and negative tones that may have been passed on in the thread it was assumed by them that we had problems with it, probably because I asked about the $99 deal. I didn't mean it like that. If I'm one of the moderators they want removed, then I'm serious when I say you can do it. I'm not going to cost you guys money and business because somebody misunderstands me. I'm wouldn't take it personal. I mean it's business, and that's the world I work in. I wouldn't be mad or hold a grudge about it, but I think they need to lighten up a little also. I just wanted to let you know in case it comes to that. BUT, I will not turn in my membership to the forum. THAT would be extreme.

All I'm saying is that when I start my franchise business in a couple of years, I hope that corporate politics aren't THIS bad, because maybe I'll reconsider ;-)

Can we all just make up and be friends

Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Administrator

i think that they were referring to the sexual inuendos...again, it wouldnt seem like anything to any of us who know each other, but they took things badly with that...i think that it was on the first page..

did you see the post that im talking about? it has been removed, but you should still be able to see it..post number 43...

i dont want to demod anyone..at all. i just want to get by this nonsense...they will only be here for a few months and im sure that they wont be renewing.

Quick Reply: concern