PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Comment from a Newb

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Default Comment from a Newb

Hi, new guy here...

Just wanted to share my excitement about my wifes new vehicle and who better to understand then other H3 owners.

I'm a Jeep Wrangler guy so I was supposed to not like the H2 or H3 lines, I actually used to rock the "H2 Recovery Team" sticker for awhile. My wife decided she wanted a smaller SUV to replace her Yukon with and suggested the H3 which I poopoo'ed but stopped by the dealership just to make her happy. I was blown away by the H3, it's very impressive. The more I read about it and looked at it the more I was impressed. It's a verywell thought out vehicle and what impressed me the most is the crash test results since we have little ones. So even though I was trying to act all hard like I didn't care if she got one or not now I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to pick hers up by Thursday. So, I'm not converted but I will now quit disrespecting the Hummer lines and even defend them.

Now I just have to figure out how to jetison this crappy XM and get her Sirius installed... Off the the audio forum, but GREAT vehicle guys and great site.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Default RE: Comment from a Newb

Welcome to the site.Name:  welcome1.gif
Views: 38
Size:  2.6 KBI think the Hummer - Jeep thing is overrated. My first choice is Hummer, but I would not rule out owning a Jeep.

Wait till you get to take the 3 out for a while. Then you will like it even more.Name:  wink2.gif
Views: 47
Size:  593 Bytes

I agree on the XM. I like Sirius better.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Welcome...your wife has very good taste in vehicles

Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Welcome to the site.I think the Hummer - Jeep thing is overrated. My first choice is Hummer, but I would not rule out owning a Jeep.

Wait till you get to take the 3 out for a while. Then you will like it even more.

I agree 100% with the whole Jeep vs. Hummer vs. Toyota vs. Bronco thing is totally stupid. I thinkall off roading isfun, I don't care if your in a$100,000Hummer or a $500Tracker.

Also, Pittsburgh is totally sweet... I have a buddy that lives up here that is originally from Rochester (Beaver County) and we go back to the home town a couple times a year. A fat Primanti Bros sandwich sounds fantastic right about now.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:23 PM

Yeah, after a Pens or Steeler game, you can't beat it.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: wz56km

Hi, new guy here...

Just wanted to share my excitement about my wifes new vehicle and who better to understand then other H3 owners.

I'm a Jeep Wrangler guy so I was supposed to not like the H2 or H3 lines, I actually used to rock the "H2 Recovery Team" sticker for awhile. My wife decided she wanted a smaller SUV to replace her Yukon with and suggested the H3 which I poopoo'ed but stopped by the dealership just to make her happy. I was blown away by the H3, it's very impressive. The more I read about it and looked at it the more I was impressed. It's a verywell thought out vehicle and what impressed me the most is the crash test results since we have little ones. So even though I was trying to act all hard like I didn't care if she got one or not now I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to pick hers up by Thursday. So, I'm not converted but I will now quit disrespecting the Hummer lines and even defend them.

Now I just have to figure out how to jetison this crappy XM and get her Sirius installed... Off the the audio forum, but GREAT vehicle guys and great site.
this should get your siris working

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/terksirgm1.html

and theres nothing wrong with having a Jeep and an h3 in the same family

Name:  liftedjeep.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  20.6 KB

Old 12-18-2006, 04:34 PM

Welcome

That's pretty much the same story with me and my wife, to a degree. Once I really started looking at the H3's I really liked what I saw. It's not our primary wheeler, but I wanted something that was up to the task of getting us off the beaten trail when we needed it. I also think it will make a great vehicle for scouting trails in other states, that I can return to in my trail rig. Theres always some give and take when swapping over to another vehicle. Thers things I wish it had, that we had before, but the extra ground clearance etc. make up for them.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: wz56km

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Welcome to the site.I think the Hummer - Jeep thing is overrated. My first choice is Hummer, but I would not rule out owning a Jeep.

Wait till you get to take the 3 out for a while. Then you will like it even more.

I agree 100% with the whole Jeep vs. Hummer vs. Toyota vs. Bronco thing is totally stupid. I thinkall off roading isfun, I don't care if your in a$100,000Hummer or a $500Tracker.

Also, Pittsburgh is totally sweet... I have a buddy that lives up here that is originally from Rochester (Beaver County) and we go back to the home town a couple times a year. A fat Primanti Bros sandwich sounds fantastic right about now.
WElcome...I also agree with the whole Jeep vs Hummer..We own a Jeep and a Hummer ( of course I drive the Hummer )and my husband drives the Jeep, but this is totally stupid...enjoy your new Hummer.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:37 PM

That is a pretty sweet looking Jeep.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

this should get your siris working

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/terksirgm1.html

and theres nothing wrong with having a Jeep and an h3 in the same family
I've been researching the heck out of that SIR-GM1 conversion and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information about it. Most say the GM changed the LAN Bus in the 2007 so the SIR-GM1 isn't supposed to work with 07 vehicles. HOWEVER, some guy on a Covette forum said that Corvettes, H2's and H3's did not change and that he is using it on his 07 vette. I looked in the A/V forum here and couldn't find anybody that said they tried it in an 07. Maybe I'll be the first in January.

That Jeep does look great. Funny thing is that to me the new 4-door Jeep and the H3 look like long lost brothers seperated at birth. My Jeep is probably not worth one of the wheels on your Jeep, its more of a "Winter Beater" so I can park my truck for most the winter (keeping the salt off of it). Yeah, that is rattle can flat khaki Rustolem paint you see, along with 80's purple window tint complete with bubbles .

Name:  Jizzo002.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  88.8 KB

Quick Reply: Comment from a Newb