PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Cold Air Intake for 07 H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake for 07 H3

I figured that I'd have lost a good bit of cash selling the intake system and re-investing the remaining cash into another system. My options were a True Flow or AirRaid system for the 07.

I simply don't care for the AirRaid system, I think it's way over priced for what it gives you. The True Flow was the first choice behind the K&N. After cutting my intake tube I have a system that is just like the TrueFlow and it cost me about the same money as buying TrueFlow once you include the added cost of another K&N filter that fits the stock breather box.

If anyone needs a brand new K&N Cone filter for the 63-1095 I have one here that I can't use and I'll make a fair deal on it. It won't fit my intake so I had to buy a K&N OEM replacement filter (barrel type).

Old 04-08-2007, 05:04 PM

I have to admit..that looks pretty damn good...Nice job!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:19 PM

Are you noticing a vibration from the air box with the current set up? I seem to get a little just around idle when the engine is cold.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 PM

I have heard in the past others who kept their stock air box have rattles..I forget what was suggested to fix it..other that to put a support braket to it somehow.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Awesome job Hummer Driver! I was one step away from cutting mine in half as well lol, but Shawn wanted it bad enough I guess. Thanks for the post. I'm still looking at another solution to my missing CAI.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM

Guys,

I have noticed a bit of a rattle on a cold start. I've not had time to investigate it closer but at first I thought maybe it was my loaner PCM, it idles lower and a little rougher after installing the loaner unit. After I ran the loaner PCM for a day I said what the hell, so I cut the K&N tube and fitted it down. Mind you I have those straight silicone couplers and they don't flex much. That's one reason I ordered a hump coupler to get me some flex.

The 07 breather box is shock mounted but it's pretty firm. I think I may need to take the 3 mounting bolts off and lay down some more damping rubber between the washers to allow the breather box a little more floating room. I also believe that the hump coupler will help too as it's pretty rigid now.

I dunno, maybe after I get my tweaked PCM back from Kelly and the gang at PCMforless it may smooth it out as it's going to be tuned for catback and CAI.

I was a little surprised that the intake noise isn't that loud. I've heard people saying they really notice their CAI sucking hard, maybe because I'm using my stock sealed breather box I'm getting more sound supression than with the K&N air dam setup for the 06 models. I also noted that the K&N AirCharger kit I got the intake pipe passes through the air dam wall and hangs loosely inside the air dam cavity. So it's not a rigid system, I suppose that's why GM put that aggravating accordian intake tube on theirs to allow some flexing between the engine and the breather box for engine torque rotation.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:21 PM

BTW_If you look at the bottom photo, you can barely see the return line to the breather box on the front side near the front right corner. The 06 model does not have this emissions return tube that feeds back into the breather box. I believe it's a charcoal cannister that sits down below the breather box and is probably one of the main reasons the 07 has such better smog numbers than the 06.

I shipped my original PCM back to Kelly at PCMforless yesterday, can't wait to get it back and swap it out and see how things run.

I was able to take my PCM off without removing the washer and radiator overflow tanks. I just reached behind it and tugged on the little red straps and popped them out of the clip by pulling straight up, once the red straps are out of the way you need to depress a small black tab where the gray outer case is and once you can lift the gray case by pushing the black tab in slightly which releases the catch holding the gray case in place, the gray case rotates upward on a hinge point at the top rear, when you get the gray bracket all the way up you can then firmly grasp the cable connector and I gave it a rocking motion to loosen it up by hand and in a few minutes I had all three off. Then you simply pull the PCM module out by pulling up on the two top black tabs that secure the top of the PCM module. The three connectors are color coded so you really can't hook it up wrong. Just be careful when removing the PCM cables, take your time and be gentle, you don't want to break anything here.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Don't worry..I believe you're gonna like the results of the tune..

Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM

Since I sold my 06 K&N I guess I'm going to have to go with trueflow since they are about the only makers. I just think they should be priced lower because they don't include all the hardware K&N does. Anyone actually using one of these now that could give me their opinion of the product?

Luke

Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Bought this today. I talked to a sales rep and they confirmed with Volant that this is legit. It's not on Volant's website yet, but they say they will be updating it soon. I'll post an updateonce it arrives.

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A2553374.aspx

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for 07 H3