PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Cold Air Intake for 07 H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake for 07 H3

Good catch there Wu...I would have to agree with you..looks like he is trying to drum a little business.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM

I noticed when he joined yesterday...Interesting he just don't introduce him/herself and be done with this sly back door crap.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I noticed when he joined yesterday...Interesting he just don't introduce him/herself and be done with this sly back door crap.
Maybe he'll come around and fess up. If he does work for them, he should just contact site admins about being a sponsor, or at least represent himself as such.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 PM

His profile says he's located in LA...I'm assuming that's Lower Alabama.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM

To pull this back on subject... I have my 06 K&N sitting in the garage... someone from the forums was looking to buy it, but if they don't i'll cut that beast up and let you know how it turns out lol...Because I would like to use it on the 07 as well.... But I can't think of how the MAF sensor goes into the stock system for the life of me now...Now if I didn't break my digital camera... I would take pictures too lol... I think tonight I'll take a picture with my camera phone and show you how bad I broke my other cam lol..

Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM

By the time K&N does thier r&d on their intake for a vehicle that getting close to a year in production, everyone who owns a 07' H3 will have bought another brand or cut up a radiator hose from a 1962 Kenworth to make their own CIA. LOL[sm=wakeup.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Or Peterbuilt

Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 PM

2luke2
To pull this back on subject... I have my 06 K&N sitting in the garage... someone from the forums was looking to buy it, but if they don't i'll cut that beast up and let you know how it turns out lol...Because I would like to use it on the 07 as well.... But I can't think of how the MAF sensor goes into the stock system for the life of me now... Now if I didn't break my digital camera... I would take pictures too lol... I think tonight I'll take a picture with my camera phone and show you how bad I broke my other cam lol..
Dude, I have the same thing except I bought mine K&N under the assumption it would work on the 07, WRONG... I'm damn tempted to get my hack saaw and cut that damn tube and fit it to my stock breatherbox and stick a K&N filter inside. Get's rid of the resonator box and that stupid accordian center section...

I was super busy this weekend, didn't get to experiment much but it looks like it just may work with the supplied couplers with the K&N CAI system. I needed to take the breather box off and take some measurements on the system before attempting to cut the plastic K&N tube. It's hard to eyeball the alignment but it looks really close to fitting, I just fear after I cut it and try to mate it up with the breather and throttle body it'll be off a half inch or more and I'll be hosed.

Performace Curve hasn't bothered to reply to my two emails asking if I could return it. I talked to K&N and they told me if they don't let me return it to call them and they would try to help. I don't see anything soon for the 3.7L from K&N.

I'd like to sell mine and recoup as much as I can, it's unused but opened. Works only on the 2006 H3. If no one bites, I may have to get the hacksaw out and do some experimenting.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:02 AM

Update:

I was piddling in the garage this evening (late this evening) and decided that I had good luck with the PCMforless Loaner install I just completed that now would be a good time to get out the K&N 63-1095 Cold Air Intake system I had purchased for my 07 that would only fit the 06 model H3. I was close to selling it for a loss this wekend and decided to give it a try.

I got to looking at the True Flow system install and noticed how they were only adding a smooth intake tube between the stock breather box and the throttle body. I really couldn't tell for sure the K&N tube would fit if I cut about 6 inches of it off on the breather side. The bends and angles looked about right although there was no way to check for sure until I cut the tube and test fit it to my engine.

To make a long story short, I took off the stock resonator box and accordian tube between the throttle body and the stock breather box. I cut my K&N intake tube and it took about 4 cuts on the band saw to get it just right. I used the stock silicone straight couplers the K&N came with. I was worried they might not work if the final angles were off more than a degree or two.

I think I'm going to order a 3.5" ID silicone hump coupler for the breather side connection. The system is pretty rigid and that's probably not a good thing. I suppose the stock accordian intake tube absorbs vibration and torque movement from the engine and the fixed breather box. I noticed True Flow uses the hump couplers too and my guess is they do it to allow the tubing to flex some at the humps on either end.

Below are two pics of the K&N intake tube retrofitted to my 07 H3. Basically I've got the same thing as the True Flow system now with the exception of their foam filter. I have a K&N OEM replacewment filter inside my stock breather box. So I now have K&N filtration plus the smooth bore tubing of the K&N intake tube without the resonator box and that darn accordian intake tube.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Sweet job. It looks great and saved you a bucket of $. Let us know how the PCM works with the HummerDriver CAI.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for 07 H3