PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Cloth seats or leather in the H3T?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Default Cloth seats or leather in the H3T?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and in fact this is my first post.

I'm very close to buying an H3T, but I cannot decide between leather and cloth seats. I would love to get feedback from current owners. What are some things you like? What are some things you dislike? Does either hold up up better than the other? Remove the cost from the equation: If you had it to do over, would you buy the same interior again or would you do it differently?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:09 PM

I have cloth and they are fine. Seats are very comfortable I find but they will get ruined by dirt and spills a lot easier than leather. I have a set of cheap covers I throw on whenever I go wheelin to keep the dirt off.
I would have gone with leather in a heartbeat if it did not come with all the crappy chrome accessories.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM

I have leather and really like them. I've always felt leather was easier to clean.

Largemouth...I have an '08 H3 (not T) with leather and no chrome to speak of. What is the "chrome crap" you are referring to? T option packages must be different.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 08H3
I have leather and really like them. I've always felt leather was easier to clean.

Largemouth...I have an '08 H3 (not T) with leather and no chrome to speak of. What is the "chrome crap" you are referring to? T option packages must be different.
When I got my T every other truck on the dealership lot that had leather had the chrome package ie. mirrors, door handles, wheels etc. Mine was the only black one with no chrome.... therefore I went with cloth.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 AM

Leather usually come with heated seats, a very nice feature.
I think in the Hummers you can get heated cloth, but I have not seen any on an H3.

My other cars have leather, the H3 has cloth, I have to keep up with cleaning the leather and treating it, not a real pain, but I see no great difference between the two materials as far as comfort goes.
Usually if you want all the bells and whistles you have to go for the leather.
Tough call.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
When I got my T every other truck on the dealership lot that had leather had the chrome package ie. mirrors, door handles, wheels etc. Mine was the only black one with no chrome.... therefore I went with cloth.
Glad you went sans chrome. Your truck looks awesome!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM

....leather is super nice yet fabric is durable these days

Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM

I actually tried to get my alpha with cloth but it was impossible to find so i ended up with the leather....they are a little stiff when brand new but pretty comfortable now...and the heated seat is nice this time of year

Old 11-16-2009, 05:12 PM

....the leather is a pleasure... i'm not sure how much is true leather, but they make the int... for me

Old 12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Default Cloth seats or leather in the H3T

I have two tone leather and heated seats too to take off the chill. Leather looks and smells nicer, but if you have kids who are going to wreck the car then get cloth. My wife hates the embroidered pony but all the guys love it.

Quick Reply: Cloth seats or leather in the H3T?