PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

click click click

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Default click click click

So we owned H3 for less than a month, and today while driving, and lightly holding my hands on the wheel I just about hit something when the wheel started jerking and pulled to the right.....so I was like wtf...anyhow, it went away and it was all good.

Then I parked, and properly turned the wheels towards the curb (to the right in this case). When we came back as I turned there were two loud clunks from front right side.

I looked at my wife, she looked at me, and we figured lets go drive by GM to see when they are open. As I turned the corner (to the right), the front right tire made click click click noise. Not overely loud, but noticable. Nothing when turning to the left.

So Im taking the H3 into the dealer tommorow at 8am, and Im thinking right CV joint is pooched. I got 37000 on it, so my guess is this is under warranty.

What do you guys think this may be? Im thinking cv joint. And that should be under warranty right?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Any grease flailed around in the area of the right CV joint? If the boot tears and the grease dumps, the joint will eventually go bad. Sounds like a real possibility based upon your description. Could be a bad sway bar connector too, but they clunk when you hit a bump also?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM

I had a similar problem just last month; I was in a foot of snow in low gear, and from a stop had the wheels at full lock to the left and had some major grinding noises. Before this I had a click-click-click noise from time to time, especially when accelorating from a stop.

Call HUMMER, their number is in the manual. I cant express how amazing the service was. They called a wrecker, they winched it, stored it and had it to a dealer. Now the dealer rep was hesitating when i asked if it was under waranty, thats when i called HUMMER's customer service. I didnt have anymore hesitating representatives after that!

Turned out it was the driver side half-shaft, split right at the boot. But the dealer just replaced the whole axel unit including cv joint.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM

So zefrum sounds like your all set to go to Rausch Creek now