PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Check your wheel bearings Regardless of mileage/age!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Default Check your wheel bearings Regardless of mileage/age!

hello everyone. I had a very informative afternoon working on my SUT today. I Had bad wheel bearings both sides which I noticed a few weeks back changing my pitman/idlers... So today I replaced both Hub assemblies, CV's, rotors, pads. After i replaced the squeeky driver side first i test drove it around the block and notice an amazing difference just with one wheel done which was the better of the 2. As i had the passenger side completely disassembled another H2 pulled into the bay next to me. So after bullSh..... for a while i explained my hub problem and showed him what was involved in the repair... sorry loong post!

I asked if he had any problems to which He replied " No my mines only got 16000 miles and driven like a baby!!!!"... so he lifted his H2 (2006) up to change the oil. I grabbed his drivers side tire and it was all over the place! Same problem sloppy wheel bearings! He was surprised and will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow! As I was leaving he called me over and said his buddy was bringing his 2007 H2 with 7,500 miles down and asked if i could wait a couple minutes to check his also... so we put the other Cream Puff mallCrawler up on the lift same thing!!

SO TO ALL H2 OWNERS! NO MATTER HOW OLD OR NEW YOUR H2 IS!! AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU MAY THINK YOUR DRIVING HABITS ARE.... OR MILEAGE MAY BE CHECK YOUR BEARINGS!
We had 3 H2s all different storys. My 05 i beat the CRAP outta!!.... the 06 with 16k is weekend cruiser that is babied.... the 07 with 7.5k is stored and driven on nice days!
No wheeling or abuse on either of their H2's!!

Ive seen many posts on here describing how to check your bearings. its easy jake it up and grab the wheel at 12oclock and 6 oclock and try to move the wheel. if it moves change your bearings!

Sorry for such a long post guys but the 06 owner said it perfect!! "My kids ride in this im not taking a chance"...

Old 03-13-2009, 02:11 PM

just did mine as well 100K - could not fiqure out what the hell was squealing/sqeaking every morning I would leave for work, jacked it up & voila - drivers side wheel bearing was junk.. Hmmm so far header studs broke, wheel bearings, HVAC control module, soaked floor due to leaking clearance lights... problems with air ride -- the list goes on, I'm starting to think my H2 is a POS

Old 04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Default Just checked mine

Passenger side is bad, thanks for the heads up. 117K. Had the drivers side done at 95K.
Rob

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 AM

Since iv had my H2 the steering has been shocking. Total sloppy crap. I was a bit sad, as my mate has a navigator and its lovely to drive. I was changing my wheels the other day, and while it was jacked up, i gave the wheel a tug. It soon became evident why, its on the verge of collapse. Wheel moves 2 inches top to bottom. And iv driven 5000 miles with it like that by the seem.

Order'd replacement now. Should be here in the week.

Does it take long to change yourself? Bit short on hummer support here in the UK.

Cheers

Jay