PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Check your Door Jams!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Default Check your Door Jams!!!

I only found this now. WTF? I found this 2" crack in my driver side door jam about a couple inches from the top. It's definitely something that came from the factory, cause there's no break in paint. I sure hell didn't do it! It's as if it was there and they just painted over it. I've had my H3 for around 6 months, I wonderin how much water has already got into my door! It's going in to the dealer 2morrow. Let's see how they explain this one....

[IMG]local://upfiles/1199/9F67200D81C742F490207BD21057085F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1199/0F8027B331F6419AB122AE1D0E59AE1A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Default RE: Check your Door Jams!!!

I'm sure they'll find a way to point the finger at YOU[:@]

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:38 AM

I do everytime I wipe the jams down after washing..Your's is obviously a factory fu-kup and slipped through...Make them fix it, cuz your right..the water in the door can't be good.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:11 AM

I find it hard to believe one could own the vehicle as long as you did and not notice that! (Even is one does not wipe every square inch of that Hummer by hand like Denny does ) Maybe it was not noticeable before because perhaps "someone" did a fairly good job of half-assedly covering it up for cosmetic purposes before sale?? Perhaps with age, useand weather conditions such as cold or dampness or humidity it has separated and become more noticeable??? Whatever the reason, I would INSIST on repairs done! Frankly, if one had done the damage themself, I would think there would be obvious evidence surrounding the area.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM

That's weird. It looks like the sheetmetal was too thin when it was formed in that spot. Sort of like it pulled apart. Looking at the pics I doubt tthey'll try to blame you, but if they do, stick to your guns. It's obvious that it's not "damage".

Old 02-05-2007, 03:02 PM

that sucks!! I dunno if I would be happy with a "repair" I may fight for a replacement truck. Who knows how much water has gotten in and what damage it may cause down theline....I would definately bitch for more than just a quick weld and touch up job!

Old 02-05-2007, 05:28 PM

Ok gang just got back from the dealer... suprisingly they didn't point a finger at me. They acknowledge it as a factory defect, and offered to have it repaired at their autobody shop. I mentioned that because the crack is on the outside of the weather seal that water defiinitely must have trickled in. They said they would open up the door to take a look to see if there's any 'ponding'. Anyway their autobody is booked for the next week or so, have to wait till then. Should I just asked to have the whole door replaced? I'm just thinking that even though they patch it, wouldn't a crack compromise the structural strength of the door? I would appreciate anyones 2 cents on what I should counter with...

btw, The reason I didn't notice the crack all this time was that I was having it detailed every month, kind of tells me what they weren't detailing... Anyway I've now started to detail it myself, and that's when I found the crack. I'm still waiting for Dennis to put out his handbook on the 'Fine Art of Detailing an H3'

Old 02-05-2007, 05:42 PM

Wait no longer..it's out

Old 02-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Haaaaaaah I knew it!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Quick Reply: Check your Door Jams!!!