PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Check out this crap!!! FORD SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Default Check out this crap!!! FORD SUCKS!!!

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/13...wners-are.html

what kinda crap is that.....you can't print a pic of YOUR car?!?!! Way to go ford....and you wonder why the import market is on the rise

Old 01-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Check out this crap!!! FORD SUCKS!!!

Incredible. The sheer stupidity of this fiasco has to be apparent to someone at Ford. Guess that is what happens when the attorney's run the world.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM

my question would be, if I have aftermarket bumper, wing,spoiler,mirrors,body kit,glass,rims does Ford still own the image of my ride? I'm still amazed at this snafu....I've always been a die-hard Detroit automaker guy...but chit like this makes you go hmmmm

Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

I buy all American and can only hope that some management or marketing guy realizes what a huge mistake this is. If Ford wanted to make it right they would host an event for that group, take all the pictures and give them their calenders for free. Either that or their next ad campaigh should be " Buy GM ".

Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 AM

I understand the logo not being allowed without permission from Ford..unless you pay them...but the car is personal property and no company should dictate weither a picture of it can be printed or not...just does not sound right..

Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 AM

if that were the case with GM our ROTM would be illegal!!!! Since shorty started it all I think he should be held responsible......GM...I have his contact info!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM

That's crazy who are they hurting? If anything the more you print photos of your ride and show them around isn't a form of advertising for the manufactor of that vehicle. That's just crazy.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

That's crazy who are they hurting? If anything the more you print photos of your ride and show them around isn't a form of advertising for the manufactor of that vehicle. That's just crazy.
exactly it is a form of advertising...and at this point in history and with corporate legal harrassment at a high it technically can't be done without permission...unfortunately with the expansion of the internet and forums such as this one it is hard to control, apparently Ford found one way to help there lawyers..

Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

This is how Ford thanks the American consumers of it's vehicles, by actually taking the time to make stupid patent and trademark rules like this against it's OWN customers? Give me a f'ing break.

I'm sure, or HOPE, these rules were only created to keep competitive advertisers from using their material, and not the owners.

This has to be some kind of misunderstanding.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:32 PM

with the camaro coming out soon GM must be loving this press!!!! The gm marketing team should take this and run with it

Quick Reply: Check out this crap!!! FORD SUCKS!!!