PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

cheap radiator replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Default cheap radiator replacement?

my rad broke... dealer price is $660 here in Canada. Aftermarket i cannot find anything here locally.

Last edited by mrigor; 09-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Is your Radiator cracked?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM

i think so. i did not remove it. You put water into rad, and it leaks out. i figured i need a new one.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM

What yeaR?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM

took out the rad. no signs of cracks. or damage. but i did leak test and leaks. its a 2006 h3

Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Ok, I was just wondering because there is a problem with the radiators cracking at the top where it is plastic because it hits against the frame. If it was that I would have advised you to pursue it through GM because it is a design flaw and a common problem for them. I am going through this right now with mine trying to get GM to pay for it. I don't think yours sounds like this problem though.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM
CJI

Hi mrigor. Just had to replace radiator on my '08 H3. Went with Silla aftermarket radiator for $133.00, no tax no shipping charge. Installed on Sunday. So far so good. Bought it at autopartswarehouse.com. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Was drop shipped from Silla's warehouse in Texas. Took about 3 days to arrive.

OEM available for 299.00 plus shipping from newgmparts.com.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM

I suggest a rebuild of your stock radiator over a new Silla aftermarket. The Silla is clearly inferior when you open it up and take a look inside. While they work for light duty operation, if you are going to tow with your H3 or drive in the mountains stick with the OEM radiator. Especially true if your H3 has an automatic transmission.

It cost me $100 for a rebuild at Mike Dana Radiator in Mesa, AZ. The top plastic tank in the center is where they all crack. Same thing happens on the Chevy Colorado pickup truck which has the same 5 Cyl engine. Their company truck is a Colorado and yes they already had to rebuild the radiator. Nature of the beast!

The replacement plastic top tank is now beveled back a bit, not so much for clearance as some suggest … but to add more strength. They have yet to see the redesigned tank crack ... time will tell.

The Silla is a copy of the original design using inferior Chinese parts, and does not offer the beveled top tank. A lifetime warranty from Silla means nothing if its going to crack and not properly cool your engine and transmission in extreme conditions.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by FourXFour
I suggest a rebuild of your stock radiator over a new Silla aftermarket. The Silla is clearly inferior when you open it up and take a look inside. While they work for light duty operation, if you are going to tow with your H3 or drive in the mountains stick with the OEM radiator. Especially true if your H3 has an automatic transmission.

It cost me $100 for a rebuild at Mike Dana Radiator in Mesa, AZ. The top plastic tank in the center is where they all crack. Same thing happens on the Chevy Colorado pickup truck which has the same 5 Cyl engine. Their company truck is a Colorado and yes they already had to rebuild the radiator. Nature of the beast!

The replacement plastic top tank is now beveled back a bit, not so much for clearance as some suggest … but to add more strength. They have yet to see the redesigned tank crack ... time will tell.

The Silla is a copy of the original design using inferior Chinese parts, and does not offer the beveled top tank. A lifetime warranty from Silla means nothing if its going to crack and not properly cool your engine and transmission in extreme conditions.
Got pics? I like pics.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM

You know I keep forgetting I have a camera on my iPhone, sorry I took no pictures.

There are some pictures on this pages, its hard to see but the front top of the tank is slanted back about 20 degrees vs the original.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-21184/page24/

Quick Reply: cheap radiator replacement?