PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Changing the Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Default Changing the Radio

Hey Everyone! I just purchased a 2007 H3 base model and I wanted to change radios. I saw an opportunity to get a stock Nav/DVD but Hummer C/S says it would require a total computer change. That doesn sound right to me. It seems that the computer would need and adjustment but not a total swapout. Also can anybody tell me if the stock nav radio has bluetooth or is that separate entity? Thanks

Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hummer C/S? What computer?

Here is what you need to know so you can "search" for your answers. If you have a base, I'll assume you have the basic stereo single CD player. That stereo has an internal amp and speaker level outputs.

I believe the NAV and the 6 CD Changer head units have only Pre-Amp level outputs as those are available with the Monsoon Sub. So, in a nutshell, it is not a direct swap because the NAV does not have speaker outs, you have to also add in an Amp and then power your speakers from the AMP.

That is why many go to an aftermarket head unit NAV with built in Amp.

Search away... which is really what you should do before posting a question that has already been answered.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Thanks, Doc. I am new to the Forum, so I didn't know that question was asked and answered. Be sure that from this point on I will "search" before posting. Thanks for setting me straight. As for the radio sit. I will go after market.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Hey man the best thing to do is get an aftermarket head unit. Its easier to install and that way you can set the stereo how you want it. I added the pioneer avh4200 no nav but it does have a 7 inch screen and looks good. I see your from philly I'm like 20 mins form philly. I live out by Reedman car dealership.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by warmdaddy8850
Thanks, Doc. I am new to the Forum, so I didn't know that question was asked and answered. Be sure that from this point on I will "search" before posting. Thanks for setting me straight. As for the radio sit. I will go after market.
Welcome to the forums.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by hectour
Hey man the best thing to do is get an aftermarket head unit. Its easier to install and that way you can set the stereo how you want it. I added the pioneer avh4200 no nav but it does have a 7 inch screen and looks good. I see your from philly I'm like 20 mins form philly. I live out by Reedman car dealership.
What interface module did you use to keep the door chimes....?
Can you tell some details?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM

I used the linked harness in my 07.

GMOS-01

Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwheel
What interface module did you use to keep the door chimes....?
Can you tell some details?
I used the GMOS-01 thats what Crutchfield sent me. It has a volume switch so that you can lower it down. It does get annoying. I was real easy to install.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:43 AM

Do I understand following right...:

GMOS-1 is ok for base models.....not amplified models!?

If I have the Monsoon sound system I will need another module...should be then GMOS-4

Correct???

Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by hectour
Hey Hectour,
I am at the other end of the city from you(near the airport) but I do travel that way alot. Got a close buddy, from my USMC days, in Bensalem.
Quick question:It sounds like you installed it yourself. was it difficult?

Quick Reply: Changing the Radio