PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Changes to my H2... Before & After pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
it def looks sick with all of them on there. thanks for the info man!
steve
Thank you! I like The 4 racks better than 2 for sure!

Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Thanks, I haven't had any problems with it but I did just put a starter on it but other than that Nothing (just oil changes). Just be careful with who you take it to cause they will want to charge you big $$ just for your average tune ups (& if they know you have an H2 also) that will just add more to your bill. Main thing is if you can find somebody you trust that Knows Porsches is best, but if you don't live in a big city there's not many shops that will touch them. jmo
Thank you for the heads up....since I work in the car business I know a few guys that work on europeon cars...they are not cheap but they don't just throw parts at car like some "mechanics" Nothin like driving a Porsche...can't wait till spring!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Thank you for the heads up....since I work in the car business I know a few guys that work on europeon cars...they are not cheap but they don't just throw parts at car like some "mechanics" Nothin like driving a Porsche...can't wait till spring!
Caraddict you know if you buy any european car you'd better have the money when something breaks (though in most cases that's not very often, thank goodness) but good luck in finding your dream car. Nice talking to you & keep us informed!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:28 PM

Lol, here it's exactly the other way around, everyone is afraid to buy american cars because they'll have a hard time finding parts for them, and knowing a mechanic that knows what he's doing.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cashville
Lol, here it's exactly the other way around, everyone is afraid to buy american cars because they'll have a hard time finding parts for them, and knowing a mechanic that knows what he's doing.
Cashville, my brother you are sooooo right! BUT why do you think it's like that?

Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Caraddict you know if you buy any european car you'd better have the money when something breaks (though in most cases that's not very often, thank goodness) but good luck in finding your dream car. Nice talking to you & keep us informed!
I traded my BMW (06 530 Sport) in for the Hummer as soon as the certified warranty was up...I had a battery issue with the bimmer....it kept going dead as I didn't drive it enoughf. They updated the battery to a special type they use in 6 series & did a reprogram...$700 bill! Luckily it was covered & only cost me $50.00 deductable. The only good thing was I was driving a brand new loaner.... if I ever buy a BMW or Mercedes again its certified or Im not buying it! A Porsche however (05 or newer 911 turbo) that is certified will not be in my budget so Ill have to roll the dice & take a chance. Of course I'll have it inspected first & will use it minimal...part of the fun of owning it will be staring at it with a drink in my hand in the garage at night! this is the case with my Vette...I only put about 300 miles on it this year but do enjoy gazing at it with a buzz!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 AM

The most expensive parts both new & used seem to be Lexus....I order alot of parts for the dealership I work for & laugh at the rediculous price of parts for a fancy Toyota... Shift ***** are like $500, headrests are $700 ish, side molding for a 06 es300....almost $200....everything on them is overpriced which is surprising since they are a Toyota?

Old 12-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
I traded my BMW (06 530 Sport) in for the Hummer as soon as the certified warranty was up...I had a battery issue with the bimmer....it kept going dead as I didn't drive it enoughf. They updated the battery to a special type they use in 6 series & did a reprogram...$700 bill! Luckily it was covered & only cost me $50.00 deductable. The only good thing was I was driving a brand new loaner.... if I ever buy a BMW or Mercedes again its certified or Im not buying it! A Porsche however (05 or newer 911 turbo) that is certified will not be in my budget so Ill have to roll the dice & take a chance. Of course I'll have it inspected first & will use it minimal...part of the fun of owning it will be staring at it with a drink in my hand in the garage at night! this is the case with my Vette...I only put about 300 miles on it this year but do enjoy gazing at it with a buzz!
I cannot tell you HOW MANY times I've went out to the Garage (still do) & just look at my vehicles (cars & trucks)! You're right, that's definitely part of owning them, to go out & just STARE at them & SMILE! JMO

Old 12-04-2011, 05:26 PM

The unavailability of parts, makes almost all mechanics not want to touch it. And the ones that do, have to order them in, and usually it takes them a lot of time to receive the parts.

I'm usually more afraid of the ones that see my H2 and start talking like they know everything, and that it's easy to deal with it. Those are the ones that will probably mess up when doing an intervention in the car, because I know it's the first one they are seeing in person. There are very few here, and most of them are not an every day ride, so seeing an H2 in the road is rare, seeing one in a garage for a fix, that is really really rare.

I had to do a fix on my black one, because the driver side of the engine stopped working, and it was in the shop for 1 whole month, waiting for gaskets to come in. And after that I was presented with a 2000$ bill, just to remove some engine parts to clean up an oil passage way (it was blocked and that's what caused the engine to stop working). New gaskets, new bolts for exhaust, and new head bolts, and that was my bill. I learned my lesson that day.

Last edited by Cashville; 12-04-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

The unavailability of parts, makes almost all mechanics not want to touch it. And the ones that do, have to order them in, and usually it takes them a lot of time to receive the parts.

I'm usually more afraid of the ones that see my H2 and start talking like they know everything, and that it's easy to deal with it. Those are the ones that will probably mess up when doing an intervention in the car, because I know it's the first one they are seeing in person. There are very few here, and most of them are not an every day ride, so seeing an H2 in the road is rare, seeing one in a garage for a fix, that is really really rare.

I had to do a fix on my black one, because the driver side of the engine stopped working, and it was in the shop for 1 whole month, waiting for gaskets to come in. And after that I was presented with a 2000$ bill, just to remove some engine parts to clean up an oil passage way (it was blocked and that's what caused the engine to stop working). New gaskets, new bolts for exhaust, and new head bolts, and that was my bill. I learned my lesson that day.
Cashville, I feel your pain. When a mechanic chooses to Screw me, it will be his last cause I definitely won't be back & I'll let the word out about him & his shop (& I know a few people in town) I usually even tip them when I feel like they gave me a good price & was honest with me but I promise you if I felt like I got screwed (they just lost a good customer for life). And I'm not one of those real picky customers that Bitch about every lil' thing. jmo

Quick Reply: Changes to my H2... Before & After pics...