PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Changes to my H2... Before & After pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Default Changes to my H2... Before & After pics...

Started blacking out some things on my H2. I think it looks 100 percent better! I Used bedliner in a can to make my back ladders & step black which came out awesome!At $8.99 a can you cant beat the results...durable & looks great! I put recon black lights on top, did the other lights with lens tint in a can (came out great), also lens tinted my chrome gas door & spare tire light cover (has a black chrome effect & seem durable so far). Lastly removed chrome side steps & replaced them with Black HUMMER U steps! Plan on getting some 20" black Fuel rims with 37" tires in the spring! I am very happy with the results so far! Before: CANT WAIT TO GET BLACK WHEELS!

Old 12-03-2011, 12:55 AM

I think it looks good, on your lenses did you paint them on the inside or on the outside or both & did you put a clear coat over them. I swapped out all the smoked lenses on my 03' & put them on my 08'. And as we speak I'm getting the front & rear pieces (that come silver on the 08's) powder coated black & I'm still trying to decide what kind of black/chrome or black/silver wheels to put on it. But that's about all the blackening out I'm gonna do (though I also took off the front black grill guard & put it on my 08'). Thanks for Sharing!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
I think it looks good, on your lenses did you paint them on the inside or on the outside or both & did you put a clear coat over them. I swapped out all the smoked lenses on my 03' & put them on my 08'. And as we speak I'm getting the front & rear pieces (that come silver on the 08's) powder coated black & I'm still trying to decide what kind of black/chrome or black/silver wheels to put on it. But that's about all the blackening out I'm gonna do (though I also took off the front black grill guard & put it on my 08'). Thanks for Sharing!
Just the outside of the lenses. Seems to hold up well...side lights done a while a go. If you find black chrome wheels please share a link. I didn't realize they made them for a H2. You gotta post some pics of your truck!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Looks awesome, congrats!

Old 12-03-2011, 12:10 PM

looks great man! Im just curious why you have so many roof rack bars?

steve

Old 12-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
looks great man! Im just curious why you have so many roof rack bars?

steve
I bought a roof rack & they came with it....removed the roof rack, made a light rack with one & left the other one on...I like how it looks with 4 racks.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Just the outside of the lenses. Seems to hold up well...side lights done a while a go. If you find black chrome wheels please share a link. I didn't realize they made them for a H2. You gotta post some pics of your truck!
I got Plenty of pics, just go to photo gallery & look (mattdillon)!

Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
I got Plenty of pics, just go to photo gallery & look (mattdillon)!
Wow! Love the Porsche & viper! I plan on trading in my boxster for a 911 someday 4 sure! How's your Porsche been with maintnence? I haven't done anything other then oil changes on mine... Heard 911's can be hungry at times....my boxster has 42k....guessing that's why it's so dependable?

Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM

I bought a roof rack & they came with it....removed the roof rack, made a light rack with one & left the other one on...I like how it looks with 4 racks.
it def looks sick with all of them on there. thanks for the info man!
steve

Old 12-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Wow! Love the Porsche & viper! I plan on trading in my boxster for a 911 someday 4 sure! How's your Porsche been with maintnence? I haven't done anything other then oil changes on mine... Heard 911's can be hungry at times....my boxster has 42k....guessing that's why it's so dependable?
Thanks, I haven't had any problems with it but I did just put a starter on it but other than that Nothing (just oil changes). Just be careful with who you take it to cause they will want to charge you big $$ just for your average tune ups (& if they know you have an H2 also) that will just add more to your bill. Main thing is if you can find somebody you trust that Knows Porsches is best, but if you don't live in a big city there's not many shops that will touch them. jmo

Quick Reply: Changes to my H2... Before & After pics...