PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Catalytic and Evaporative Emissions status not ready

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Default Catalytic and Evaporative Emissions status not ready

Hi. I need to have my 2006 H3 inspected and it won't pass because there are two status lights on the code reader showing "not ready". The cat and evap status lights.

I recently had a P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit and replaced the evaporator soleniod valve near the engine. Still had the code so I replaced the vent solenoid on the cannister in the rear of the truck and that fixed it.

I cleared the code and it never came back on, however I still have the evap and cat status lights flashing (which means not ready on my code reader). So I looked at all the emission system lines and noticed a lot of rust on one of the lines that runs from the cannister to the engine. I cut the lines and installed a 3/8" fuel line to bypass it and still no change.

I also bought and installed a new gas cap, filled the tank, and took it for a 30 mile ride to get the status lights to show "ready". No luck.

Any ideas as far as the emissions status?

Also does anyone know why the catalytic converter status would show as not ready? The converter seems to be working, no rattling, loss of power, overheating of the converter, or bad smells. The truck has 69,000 miles on it.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated before I give in and bring it to the local dealership.