PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Carpet, Flooring, Headliner, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Default Carpet, Flooring, Headliner, Etc.

I just purchased a '95 H1 Wagon (Diesel) this weekend and want to start cleaning her up. The interior is in fair shape, but I want to dress it up a bit. Nothing fancy mind you. Does anyone have a source for replacement flooring and headliners? I have some type of vinyl floor and headliner in it now. Based on color and design it looks like factory or something the factory would do. I don't really want carpet, but a replacement vinyl floor would be nice. Carpet would be ok if it is durable. The headliner can be vinyl or fabric, I don't really care. These will be my first two replacement items. Anyone know who sells them? I looked on most vendor sites listed here and have had no luck.

Also, what seats have people used as replacements? I will drive my H1 on 16 hour each way trips, several times a year and the stock seats will not cut it. I drove it 9 hours home and was not satisfied.

Will more recent model year headliners, floor stuff, etc fit on a '95? Will the dog house-center console trim from a newer model fit my year?

The leg space for the passenger is horrible. I saw a kit for something like $200 that increases that leg area with a new panel. Are they any good? Anyone sell it for less than the others?

Finally, the dog house and surrounding area and dash pad are fairly weathered. I would like to replace them as well. I think it will make the interior feel a lot cleaner. Any sources for these?

Thanks in advance. This '95 is in pretty decent shape, but I do have a LONG list of parts - restoration I want to do to it.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Carpet, Flooring, Headliner, Etc.

Lot of questions but but maybe I can help some. The H1 came with the vinyl/plastic flooring. It is very good when it comes to clean up after a long weekend in the mud. I would not use carpet. AMG/GM sell a very good heavy rubber " mudder" floor mat set that completely covers the floor area front and back. You can also get a cargo area mat of the same material. Total for all 3 is probablt about $350.00, but well worth it. Occassionally you will see a used set of mats come up on Ebay.
I have not replaced or looked for a replacement headliner. You might be able to order one through the dealer but that would be expensive. For most parts I would try Kascar. ( www.real4wheeldrive.com )
The cheapest way might be to go to your local trim shop and buy headliner material from them or have them do it for you.
I have seen a few H1s with aftermarket seats but I have done zero research on this. Someone else will have to help on that.
The more recent model headliner and floor pans will probably work. There is some difference in the overhead trim configuration between the earlier and later H1s. The headliner would probably work but check the differences in overhead consoles and "B" and "C" trim to be sure.
The doghouse configuration changed several times so you need to veriofy that whatever replacement doghouse you find is the same for your year model.
The passenger side replacement panel works very well and is a solid mod for $200.00. That is about the right price for that. Watch on Ebay and you can find them cheaper sometimes.
Once again Kascar is about the best "total" source for H1 parts that I have found.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Kascar's web address is : www.real4wd.com

Sorry for the incorrect info above.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 AM

the husky floor mats are great -- I've always wanted to get some neoprene seat covers to protect the leather/add an extra layer of coush.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Let me know what you think of the seat covers if you get some. I have looked at those online but haven't pulled the trigger on a set yet.