PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Canadian...i need day time running lights..help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Just a follow up FYI. Nearly all vehicles manufactured for sale in the states do not have DRLs, but it is law for vehicles manufactured for Canadian sales. Something to keep in mind next time you import.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Talking

Well, its official,
my Canadian Tire inspector is most definately an a$$h0!e.
but thanks to you guys and a simple little wire and mini fuse called add a fuse...he has to suck it up and pass my inspection.
use the wire to go from a "key hot" fuse, such as your heater in my case ,to either your low beam relay or your fog light relay.....
turn on key then ...DRLS
Then im going home to remove the wire..and he can kiss my..well you know..lol
thanks to all that helped,
tony

Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Glad it worked out Tony! There is tons of info on this site, welcome again!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 8lug
Solution: Just jumper from a Key On fuse to your low beam relay. Then, key on = low beam on, that'll get you through inspection
Hi 8lug, I'm having the same issue. I tried to jump between "Battery Ignition Switch" and "Front Park Lamps", they're always on now.. even I took out the key.

Which fuses should I use for "Key On" and which one for "low beam"?

THANKS!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 8lug
Just a follow up FYI. Nearly all vehicles manufactured for sale in the states do not have DRLs, but it is law for vehicles manufactured for Canadian sales. Something to keep in mind next time you import.
Yup any vehicles manufactured after 1990 are required to have DRL by law. For local inspections within the purchase province they don't really care but for vehicles being brought in from out of province and especially out of country it is a big deal. Even if it is a temporary wiring job that makes them work they have to pass it. I used to do out of province inspections and had to deal with some out of country inspectors before. Some are good others are just plain a$$holes. I've had them fail vehicles because there were no valve caps on the valve stems (which is required according to the letter of the law).