PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Canadian...i need day time running lights..help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Question Canadian...i need day time running lights..help

Hi all,
Glad to be apart of your fantastic site.
I have read many posts and looked at alot of your pics..fantastic.
I am in a bit if a bind..most of you want to disable your DRLS..i need to get mine to come on and stay on in order to get my 2006 H3 Certified here in Canada.
i purchased the H3 in florida a few weeks ago.
the DRLS work with the switch and come on when i turn them on, but the canadian inspector said they should be on when the vehicle is running and cant be turned off with the switch...HELP.
I checked the fuse box as some of you said to remove fuse #39 to turn them off..my question is will they come on if I put a fuse into the #39 slot, and do I need to put in a relay in the #79 slot.
any help would be appreciated, and again I really love this site.
thanks again,
Tony

Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM

I think your Canadian Inspector is on KRACK.

Just to be sure try hitting up the Canadian Hummer Club and asking them too.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 AM

I had same problem when i bought a porsche from the states. Took it for inspection and they made up some bull**** saying i needed a wheel alignment and DRL's on a brand new car and charged me over $1000 for doing so. What a money grab....

Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Solution: Just jumper from a Key On fuse to your low beam relay. Then, key on = low beam on, that'll get you through inspection

Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I think your Canadian Inspector is on KRACK.

Just to be sure try hitting up the Canadian Hummer Club and asking them too.
It's the government on KRACK not the inspector. LOL He's right, but the above will work.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Wink thanks to all

hi all,
thanks for the replies and thanks to 8lug,
got things rolling,
thanks again to all of you and this great site,
cheers,
tony

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM

No Problem Tony! Welcome!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Well i think the inspector is on crack or your h3 has unusual lights. Mine come on when it is started and running. But if i turn the switch to turn them off they go off. Didn't have any problem with inspection.
Unless the regulations are stiffer where you are but i doubt it. I live in NB and in some provinces they don't even get annual inspection. Could be rusted out everywhere and still passes.
I think as long as they come on you should be good. If they are failing it because you can turn them off it is bull... I say go get inspection done elsewhere and see.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by BERULAKIDE
Well i think the inspector is on crack or your h3 has unusual lights. Mine come on when it is started and running. But if i turn the switch to turn them off they go off. Didn't have any problem with inspection.
Unless the regulations are stiffer where you are but i doubt it. I live in NB and in some provinces they don't even get annual inspection. Could be rusted out everywhere and still passes.
I think as long as they come on you should be good. If they are failing it because you can turn them off it is bull... I say go get inspection done elsewhere and see.
Did you buy yours in the states? My H3 purchased in Missouri does not have daytime running lights. My lights only come on at night/in the dark or when I turn them on. Any unit built for Canada has lights that turn on when put in gear.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 AM

Ahhh... I was unaware of this. Guess ya learn something everyday. I wonder why not.

Quick Reply: Canadian...i need day time running lights..help