PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

can you reprogram the lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 PM

could you guys please post a pic of the fuse box showing where to jump...will "enlighten" us all as to how its done....lol

Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Default Thanks guys

This was a real boon to an already way below average lighting system. I am at least able to see at night while driving, who the hell let these reflectors be reused after the first year the truck was released.
I have my Hi-Beams with fogs on all the time now, although I have only owned my H3 since september not one time has anyone flashed their Hi-beams @ me. Not trying to blind anyone, but at first I set my highbeams to cut off a little high and to my left. So literally right in an on coming cars face and not one single person seamed to notice or care. I have since aligned them proper. I have found that the GE 5000k's have a (imo) better or more usable light.
I think people have just gotten used to other drivers putting aftermarket HID's with out the proper "crystal ball" type reflector, that they are used to being blinded by on coming cars with bright blue 100 watt headlights. I live in the Chicago area, and I have read posts of people getting puled over for higher than 5000k lights. I am sure someone on these forums can attest that in Chicago and suburbs they don't care if your running purple. Thats is the latest thing I started seeing alot of.
I don't know what the new Infinity has for stock lights, but I was behind one the other day and I could honestly turn my lights of and follow him and could see just fine.
Anyway thanks again for the mod, took two minutes and $2.00. and did help a great deal for me at least. Wish I could afford a real aftermarket set of HID headlights.
Last thing ........Who decided that the higher Kelvin temps 4000-8000 are better for night vision. I actually see better, maybe not farther with the stock 3200ks.

Thats just my 2 cents, thanks again !!!!!!!

Sorry for the long ramble, but it's a new truck for me and am still getting used to it's "GM's" little idiosyncrasies. I do love my Hummer but like anything else it not perfect. Ijust wonder why GM does not listen to it's consumers I cannot be the only one who has these same issues. Like where the hell is my over head console. If anyone has retro fitted one in, please post it. And why is the truck so big on the outside, but once your in it feels like a Honda.... with no storage compartments. Other than the cheap plastic door panels that is my bigest complaint.
Later......

Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM

The lower the K rating the brighter the light. so 3000k (yellowish) bulbs are brighter than 10,000k (Purple bulbs). I have seen some 30,000 UV type BS on cars, looks bright through my NV but to the naked eye they are horrible.

With regards to the fog lights and the switch, you can remove the connection between the hi relay and the fogs, that way everything still functions as it should, the power interrupt has been removed from the lighting system.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM

How do you remove the relay between the two? do you have to remove the BEC to disconnect from underneath?
Does this mean that everything DrTom has done didnt need to be done?
If you have any further details on doing this, I am interested.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:09 PM

When I get mine back from the shop I will make a wire diagram for you on it. Another way is to jump the 12v+ to the fogs to the hi 12v+ and when the relay gets cut, you would be powered from the hi's

Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Thanks, I'll follow up with you when you get your truck back, Id like to keep it simple and see how you did it rather than jumping from the 12v+.
Thanks!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lcurle
When I get mine back from the shop I will make a wire diagram for you on it. Another way is to jump the 12v+ to the fogs to the hi 12v+ and when the relay gets cut, you would be powered from the hi's
Awesome! thanks!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Got it back from the shop, went to turn the corner....wouldnt move....back in the shop again!!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Banned
Default light fix

just a diode from either headlite to the fog relay.
the fuse adapter is just a neat way of doing it,i happened to have it laying around not needed so i used it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 PM

I am looking to do the mod to have my fogs and high beams work independently. Can you take a picture of your fuse box and diagram it out? Also on another forum, some one mentioned cutting off one of the tabs on the relay so it would not interrupt the fogs.

Quick Reply: can you reprogram the lights?