PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can see torque convertor/flywheel from under the H3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Default Can see torque convertor/flywheel from under the H3!!!

My fiance and I have been looking at H3's and there is a 2008 white one, 46K, base model, I5, that we are really interested in purchasing. We had the dealer put it on the lift. Looks very clean...no rust, and everything is still black.
The only thing we noticed was that if you look up on the driver's side transmission housing, there is approx a 3-4" round hole. In that hole u can see the torque convertor/flywheel, etc. Isn't there supposed to be a plastic or metal plug in this hole????
Looks like it hasn't been on there for some time.....Also what can happen if this is missing? Does it do damage to the transmission, or should it be ok?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

its been a while since ive seen a t c pulled out of the tranny,but it plugs in the tranny front pump through a seal. if this is the same and it was exposed to a lot of dirt,the seal may be damaged,or worn. if no leaks,no drips after idling for10-20 min on a clean cardboard,,,ok? huh

my standard test is drive 20 miles,sit and idle and see what drips/runs out!!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by solarflare
My fiance and I have been looking at H3's and there is a 2008 white one, 46K, base model, I5, that we are really interested in purchasing. We had the dealer put it on the lift. Looks very clean...no rust, and everything is still black.
The only thing we noticed was that if you look up on the driver's side transmission housing, there is approx a 3-4" round hole. In that hole u can see the torque convertor/flywheel, etc. Isn't there supposed to be a plastic or metal plug in this hole????
Looks like it hasn't been on there for some time.....Also what can happen if this is missing? Does it do damage to the transmission, or should it be ok?
What's missing is a metal inspection cap. They cost 10$ or so. They are only held in by 3 little prongs that snap in. It's not air tight, it will let water in but not rocks and mud. They come out real easy and if it let anything in that would damage the flywheel you would notice it.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 AM

uh oh