PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Default RE: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

Bigwood, could you kindly take importsmomma'shouse
out of your username location...thanks

Old 07-14-2006, 01:11 AM

BTW..Hey Winger...Hell of a thread you got here...welcome to the family..Actually these folk here are all HUMMER FAMILY so never mind the squabbles

Could you maybe ask a less controversial question next time??

Old 07-14-2006, 01:22 AM

It was good fun though. I think import was having fun too. I didnt actually mean anything by it. I thought littlewood was pretty good. i was trying to make something up for import but its not an easy word.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

BTW..Hey Winger...Hell of a thread you got here...welcome to the family..Actually these folk here are all HUMMER FAMILY so never mind the squabbles

Could you maybe ask a less controversial question next time??

I have checked out the forum quite a bit since yesterday and like what I see, and hope to add to it in the future. I have only had my H3 since yesterday, and am still extremely pumped!

Old 07-14-2006, 01:32 AM

Good to hear..Yes the thrill goes on with me too..just over 5000 miles and still look forward to the next time I can take it for a drive...I'm giving it it's 2nd oil change this Saturday, in spite of a predicted 103 heat.

You mentioned that you're out in the field with the H3 and are in and out of the truck a lot..so what's that all (aboot)?? as they say in Canada

Old 07-14-2006, 02:09 AM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

It was good fun though. I think import was having fun too. I didnt actually mean anything by it. I thought littlewood was pretty good. i was trying to make something up for import but its not an easy word.

FUN??!?! Not for me....I don't like conflict At least thats what my court appointed anger management counselour tells me I should say to myself every morning. woooosaaaaa woooosaaaaaa <-------BadBoys 2 referance

Old 07-14-2006, 10:05 AM

I also believe that it is your right NOT to wear a seatbelt. Here in "The People's Republic of Maryland" they can ticket you for not wearing one... So I wear one... When I moved up here I started wearing one. It was a good thing... Coming home one night on a back road at high speed a deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved to miss it, went off the road, down an embankment over a deep, open concrete drain (which set my airbags off) back up a small hill, through two trees before finally plowing into a huge oak tree that grabbed the front of my Explorer and spit it back out into the woods. If I had not had my seatbelt on I would have died on the spot. Instead I walked away with only a few scratches... And bruises all over my body. I've got pictures of it somewhere... There wasn't one piece of straight metal anywhere on the truck.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Like all the stats say..It is proven more people walk away from or survive MOST accidents WITH seatbelts on, than those that didn't wear them is simular crashes...I hate them too and usually forget to clickit..But OKlahoma has a $50.00 ticket for you if they pull you over for not wearing one.....[:@]

Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

yea your agreeing with me hummerguy. not impy.

Yeah you guys are right. I did not read the entire thread. I guess I was thrown as Impy was very strong backseat protection (previously)and I assumed that would carry forward to the front seat. My mistake.

Wood I guess I am with you as before. I am perplexed as to why some folks get so upset. I think it must be that intonation and inflexion are left out of text.

Impy my father was working in Trinidad on a oil rig in late 50's and wrapped an MGA around a telephone pole racing the local cabbies. He was thown and lived to tell with some nasty scars to the face. He too wold have perished and neither of us would be here bickering over issues here.

I too like Dennis am very right wing on certain issues and liberal on others. I am a conspiracy theorist and firmly believe our government is not in our best interest no matter which party is in charge. I do not think it makes sense to defend certain practices and compare them to other nations. If a man beats his children it is wrong. If a man beats rapes and kills his children it is more wrong but the first guy still needs to be punished.

I think folks should keep one thing in mind. The Hummer is an extremely aggressive truck. It makes sense that it would be purchased and adored by extremely aggressive folks, who will not always get along. I had some perspective in the last week. A boy my son has played against died due to a misdiagnosis last friday of a simple thing and a 16 year old girl was gunned down 3 blocks from my house on monday (gang related). It kind of makes you realize how unimportant screwing around on a chat site is.

If you want to drive without the belts, have at it. Go drive off a bridge if you want, it's America do it now!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 04:11 PM

wooosaaaaa wooosaaaaaaa[:@]

Quick Reply: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?