PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Default RE: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

im sorry. not wearing your seatbelt is your right.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 PM

My .02 and I'm out of this one. I believe it is wrong for the govt to mandate insurance without offering a govt alternative becasue all they have done here is provide job security for insuance salsemen. As far as helmets and seatbelts, if you give people choices and clear consequenses for those choices, people will make the correct choice the majority of the time. Try this idea: Seatbelts and helmets are optional. IF you get in a wreck and you are wearing your safety equipment and it is confirmed in the post accident investigation that you were, then you are able to recieve all available social services that you currently will qualify for. IF you are not wearing your safety equipment as confirmed in the investigation, you will not qualify for ANY social services. This means no SSI, unemployment, welfare, or any other social assistance available for the injury period. You and your family must provide the means to pay for your medical bills, and cover any bills during lost time at work. If given these choices, and shown that the rule is inforced, I believe most people wil make the safer decision, and those that don't know the risks they are taking and the consequenses of these risks.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 PM

good post Linus, and I agree. Make it legal to make your own choises but also realize that all choices will have consequences.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 PM

Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

and whats wrong with my name? im a carpenter.......

wow, so your a Carpenter, a military man, and a student studying political science.......and still have time to sign on here and post useless dribble....AMAZING

Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 PM

wow that was good. Perhaps someday.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:32 PM

previous post was directed toward linusgumps post. this is directed to importgaymanginalover. It was a joke. Obviously you have no sense of hummor. And actually im a cop. and a reservist. and thats where all this fits in buddy.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

I dont understand why everyones so mad at me. I havent called anyone a name or said anything that was wrong or whatever. actually all i did was joke around about you calling me something first. All i said was the facts. Your just getting mad about that for some reason. Go back and read the things i've written. Have i offended anyone in anyway? Said anything bad to any of you? I think it you to me. First anyway. What i said is fact and no offensive. Someone called me a boyscout because i wear my seatbelt. Did i call you anything because you dont. No... i laughed at it. Your in the wrong here. And it is a fact that it is a law in some states that you wear a seatbelt so you dont have the right not to be safe. And all i've done is defend the government and say they do it to protect the people when someone said they are afraid of their government. YOUR WAY OUT OF LINE IMPORT

Someone comes here and asks a simple question, to which you respond,

Put your seat belt on. It will stop chimeing! And one day maybe save your life!
Typical wise-*** answer that we have come to expect from you.

Then you quote my reply and write this

I dont understand why people dont understand why they can be told to wear a seat belt. ha ha ha!
Anotehr typical wise-*** reply....I smell a pattern!

Then we have this gem by you....Pattern forming

dudes going crazy cause the chime is annoying. is the seabelt that bad? Doesnt the hummers seatbelt cord need to be extended also. So its got a switch in the reel too. Theres probly a fuse you can pull. should be labled i want to kill myself because seatbelts arent cool.
Then in reply to Crank you post this

government has every right to tell you how to live your life. The purpose of it is to govern the people and make the laws durrrrrr
Very mature post there...drrr....are you 9?

the auria posted that she/he still needed help and you replied with another typical 9 year old reply

ha ha ha! i hope one day they make it so you cant turn on the radio unless your seatbelt is on.

Then to further stir the pot you had to post this on page 2

whatever happend to automatic seatbelts? Those really must have ps'd you guys off.
Do you see why maybe people here might not like you? Maybe? Dude I have a sence of humor, but people post questions here looking for help and you act like a dik and do nothing but be a smart ***.........Don't know how to help them? FINE....DON"T REPLY!!! It's not only me, hell if I remember correctly you were told about this type of behavior before....don't deny it amd make me dig up the post.

OH, now your a Cop....I feel much safer now!!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 PM

Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 PM

Quick Reply: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?