PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Default Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a H3 and love it!

Does anyone know how to turn off the seatbelt reminder chime? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?

only way I know how is go to a junkyard and buy a gm seatbelt that fits, cut the belt off and plug the male end into the female end of your H3's seatbelt latch. Truck thinks seatbelt is plugged in when really theres only a latch plugged in.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 PM

Take latch apart and jump wires from switch sensor.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM

Put your seat belt on. It will stop chimeing! And one day maybe save your life!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

Put your seat belt on. It will stop chimeing! And one day maybe save your life!
I hate to admit it..but this is the best advise

Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 PM

I'm still pondering why you would want to disconnect it in the first place. No good reason come so mind.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 AM

I'm not posting for the pure fact to argue but....it's personal preferance as far as I am concerned. If someone chooses not to wear one, fine. I still don't understand how our government can mandate that a grown *** adult MUST wear a seatbelt....What business is it of theirs if I like putting my head through windshields!

My dad was drunk when he was on leave from the Army, he decided to drive 400 miles to NJ to see my Mother who he was then dating. Well, he didn't make it. He left from a choke and puke and headed out on I-95, goin the wrong direction! He hit a big rig head on at police estimated speeds of over 65 mph for both vehicles. The 1962 buick he was driving was the size of a mini cooper after the wreck...I have pics somewhere I'll scan them if I can. Anyway the police on scene saw the blood and said they had to search for my dads remains, little did they know that because my dad DID NOT have a seatbelt on he was thrown from the car on impact and landed in a ditch about 300 feet from the crash. Passer-by's saw him and immediately got the cops. He was in a coma for 3 months and was all f-ed up but bottom line is he survived! If he had a seat belt on he would have been killed instantly. I know the pro stories for seatbelts FAR outway the con stories but when something like this happens in YOUR family it outweighs the pro stories you hear. I do wear one now after getting into an accident with my Grand National and losing 6 teeth after I ate some dash but I still can't understand how a person not wearing one can get ticketed (in NJ anyway)

This was not directed at anyone imparticular, just a late night rant in general.

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 AM

I understand perfectly where you are coming from and see plainly there is also always an exception to the normal as in your Dad's case....But I do agree it should be a matter of choice and not mandated...

Going out on a limb here and taking it one step furthure... Abortion IMO, is and should be a matter of choice also..Not for me to tell another person what to do with their body...If they want advise on what I think, then I'll give it...But laws shouldn't dictate religiously or on spirituality..

BTW; I'm also hard core Conservitive on other issues too...Like leaving the 10 Commandments in front of a Court House...Because a lot of those Commandments are Civil Law.."And so it is written, so it shall be...

Okay..Okay, I'm throttling down..

Old 07-13-2006, 06:28 AM

im sorry. not wearing your seatbelt is your right.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 AM

im sorry not wearing your seatbelt is your right.

Quick Reply: Can I turn off the seat belt reminder chime?