PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can I Remove a dent from Stainless Nerf Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Default Can I Remove a dent from Stainless Nerf Bars?

Hey Guys,

Do you know if dents can be removed from Stainless Steel Nerf bars? I have a nice quarter sized dent in one of mine and it looks repairable? Don't really want to buy another set, but don't like the dent since its in a very visible spot. Appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Default Nerf Bars are gay

Just tear those things off. They're stupid looking and they betray the true nature of these vehicles. Do you really need a step ladder to get into your H3?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 AM

Toybox... crownking's statement, harsh as it may have come across, is fairly accurate. I too would tell you to ditch the running boards, I wheel my rig alot and on my second trip out my mind was made up for me... I bent the sin out of mine and the passengers side bar literally bent into the rear tire... it was bar and required an careful placement of winch line and tree savers to get it pryed back into a driveable spot...

Granted if your not wheelin your H3... though I would find that hard to believe if your in NH, lots of awesome trails around you... you could leave them on, or replace them with something that is alittle smaller and higher up on your body for better snow clearance during the winter...

In order to fix the dent you need to get at it from the other side... not knowing where exactly the dent is, the only way would be to drill a small hole and try to pull it out... it would be a hit or miss, heat could help too...

Oh and my money is on that they are NOT S.S. so it will eventually rust.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 AM

While I would always take my bars off if I was heading off road, my girl has found them necessary to climb in to the truck

Old 03-12-2010, 04:34 PM

Not a lover of the nerf bars but my passengers are considerably shorter than me. I must say that watching my girlfriend try to get in is quite a spectacle. However, when I went to pick up my parents the other day and they couldn't get it in I knew I had to do something!

I picked these bars up on Craigslist very cheaply so I figured I could discard them or resell them again if I hated them. As for the dent, I didn't know it before I purchased them. They were in the original factory wrapping when I checked them out so I assumed they were fine.... bad mistake. Got home and discovered a half dollar sized dent on the drivers side front corner. Obviously the seller didn't answer his phone when I called him back to complain. Well I learned my lesson anyway! From now on I will check everything thoroughly before I buy it on Craigslist!