PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

A/C recall and blowing hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Default A/C recall and blowing hot

I recently took my 07 H3 to the dealer for the wiring harness and resistor recall. After they completed the repair I was still having an issue with the a/c only working on max cool. I ordered a new control module for the a/c and replaced it over the weekend. I can now adjust the temp but it still isn't cold....at all. Just barely can feel cool air. I have read all the posts regarding soldering in a resistor. Is this my next fix? What resistor did they replace for the recall?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Fla Grown
I recently took my 07 H3 to the dealer for the wiring harness and resistor recall. After they completed the repair I was still having an issue with the a/c only working on max cool. I ordered a new control module for the a/c and replaced it over the weekend. I can now adjust the temp but it still isn't cold....at all. Just barely can feel cool air. I have read all the posts regarding soldering in a resistor. Is this my next fix? What resistor did they replace for the recall?
There was no resistor recall, just the harness. Your truck is how old, when was the last time the AC system was pressure checked? I would be making sure your system has juice long before wiring in any resistor.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM

2007 H3 we have owned it for 2 years 115,000 miles. On the paperwork received from the dealer they replaced a resistor & wiring harness. Maybe it wasn't on recall but it "says" they replaced one. I will get the system checked. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2016, 05:28 PM

The recall involved both a harness and the resistor that the harness plugs into (some vehicles, depending on whether or not "heat" damage was found, got only one or the other replaced). Those are located behind/below the glove box in the airflow ductwork. The recall addressed ONLY a fan speed malfunction/failure and has nothing to do with temperature control.

The temp control issue is different. The resistor there (available at Radio Shack or an electronics store) is soldered into the wiring of the temp switch, behind the control unit. The people who had this issue could get full cold on "Full Cold" setting, but then it would go to full hot if the dial was turned even one notch away from full cold. That doesn't sound like your problem. I agree with Doc; perhaps your A/C freon has leaked out.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 06-01-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:18 PM

Thanks 650HAWK. I will have it looked at this weekend.