PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Buying advice wanted for getting another H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Default Buying advice wanted for getting another H3

So I have decided to not wait for the H3T to come out and instead get another H3 to replace the one I sold last year, so I had a few questions.

From what I have seen and read I think Hummer sales(H2 and H3)are down cuz of the gas prices, meaning, ismy localdealer (here in Las Vegas) guna be extra hungry to sell me a H3.
Im wondering how hard I should hammer them to get the best deal or if there desperate enough to sell that they are already giving killer deals.

I know buying at the end of the month is always best so I might buy in the next few days or the end of next month.

For anyone that has bought a Hummer recently what kinda deals or incentives did you get offered.

Wana get an 08 base model or might consider a leftover07 base model,,,,, black, no chrome, automatic.

I will most likely be trading in my 07 Tacoma, I know it would be best to sell it but Im about 2K upside down on it so I might have to roll the negitive equityover to the H3, it will be easier to trade in the Tacoma than sell it.

Still 50/50 on if to do a lease or purchase.

If I want the Monsoon and power drivers seat do I have to go up from the base model ? or do some base models have those options ?

I should have never sold my first H3, been kickin myself in the *** every day for that mistake.

Any advice or opinions anyone could offer on trying to get a killer deal would be great !!!!!!!!!

Thanks much in advance
Cheers
Davyo

Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Default RE: Buying advice wanted for getting another H3

I don’t know about there in Vegas but in my area my dealer won’t budge one bit. You can pay dealer invoice and that’s about it. Right now Hummer is offering a 36 mo. Lease @ 2.9% -$0 due at signing and $1000 cash back and no security deposit.

I bought my 08 Alpha on Dec. 31. and got the end of year cash back, plus a cash back incentive, and employee discount (my bro-in-law). I couldn’t even squeeze a spare tire cover out of my dealer. They don’t give anything away for free! The Saturday I was there I test drove the Hummer for about 4 hours and when I returned they had sold all 8 Hummers that were on the showroom floor.

You might get lucky and find a base model with the extra options that you want. If your dealer doesn’t have what you want ask him to do a search of other dealers.

Buy it don’t lease! A lease will cost you money in the long run. But then you’re talking about trading in your Tacoma. The dealer is going to screw you on that really bad. You should sell it yourself regardless of how much you owe on it and buy the Hummer on a clean deal. It doesn’t make sense, you’re looking for a good deal on the Hummer but are willing to take a bad deal on the Tacoma, probably by thousands of dollars.

You want my advice? I’d concentrate on paying off the Tacoma, wait until at least September/ October, maybe even end of the year for the big sales. By then you could have the Tacoma paid off, sell it yourself (big savings), then get the end of year sale (big savings) buy the Hummer on a clean deal and it’s a win-win situation.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 AM

No base model has the power seats, however the dealer may work with you into putting those seats into a base model. The 07s have 0% or cash back check hummer.com for the latest offers. I would buy it, you stated that you wish you never got rid of it so if you do a lease you only have to buy another one a few years from now.

Another option on buying the truck is that you can start modifiying it without worrying about what that would do to the truck when you have to turn it back in at the end of the lease.
I have the Monsoon pkg. on mine, not really worth it. You can do much better on your own with aftermarket products.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 AM

One thing I forgot to mention/ask in my original post,,,,, if, I do end up trading in the Tacoma should I put the original stock wheels and tires back on, the day I bought the Toyota I put some very nice and very expensive 20" wheels and tires on the truck, put the original wheels and tires in storage.

I had one dealer tell me I would do better on a trade in if the Tacoma had the stock wheels and tires back on it.

It would be nice to put the stock wheels back on and be able to sell off the after market wheels and tires.

Thanks in advance
Davyo

Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely put the stockers back on the Yota, sell the custom wheels/tires on ebay or locally.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM

Having read your initial post and the follow on postings I would recommend buying the H3 outright and not trading in. If you would prefer to purchase the truck sooner rather than later (end of year), I would recommend putting the stock tire/wheel package on the Tacoma and selling the aftermarket 20's. Take the cash from the aftermarket tire/rims and put that into the Tacoma and you pay it off that much quicker allowing you to go into the H3 purchase with a clean slate.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:54 AM

I would put the stock wheels back on and sell the 20"s on your own... I just bought an 08 Alpha here in SLC, they sold it for invoice minus $3000 in rebates which seemed like a fair deal to me. You could always have Vegas and the SLC dealers bid against each other, that would probably give you the best deal. Even though I'm sure they will tell you they can't go any lower than invoice. PM me if you want to know the guy I went through... He was great and we pretty much didmost of the deal over the phone.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 PM

davyo,
I say buy now and trade in your Tacoma if you owe $2000.00 You pay now or pay later. You will end up paying the Tacoma off spending the money anyhow and then trade in on your H3. So are you really saving?If you trade now you will be closer to pay off on the H3Jjust anotherway of looking at it IMHO!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 PM

I went to my Hummer dealer today and they also suggested taking off the wheels and tires and putting the stock ones back on.

As far as any deals, they are going to call meback as they said they might have some NEW incentives coming out in the next few days, to their credit, they were very nice and didntdothe high pressure thing.

So I will see in the next few days if they can give me a killer deal and roll over the neg. equity on my Tacoma at the same time.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 03-25-2008, 05:49 AM

I agree with what everyone said on putting the stockies back on. Sell the 20's on your own and use the money towards the H3. The 08' Base H3 driver seat is powered to move front/back and up/down. Reclining is manually done.