PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

bump stops,leveling,,??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Banned
Default bump stops,leveling,,??

i read all posts,,curious

did gm screw up and ship b4 leveling or did they design the rake for looks?OR mileage,handling. im ok as is

next, bump stops, when i "read all about it" i cant believe the front is touching,sooo i go out and take a look AND pics. amazing!!

i never saw a vehicle that did not have 3 to 4 inch space,,,like the hummer REAR! so why does the front touch?? does it need to be raised to get clearance?,gm screwed up, or do you really need new stops when leveling??

im surprised it takes bumps with no clearance like all cars i saw b4!

the shocks take all the little hits,

others REALLY bump when the big one makes it bottom out and finally put a smudge on that rarely needed bump stop!!

im ready

tom

Old 07-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned
Default really am curious

you guys who posted about leveling and those aftermarket bumps must know what i dont and i REALLY am curious!!

where are the guys who raised the front and lowered their wallets for new bumpers???

tom

Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned
Default all that levels is not TOLD

hey guys,,,all that talk of leveling and no comments??

i read in the book exact details of measurements to do, PRIOR to normal alignment

its ez to see that any leveling takes the veh out of specs
im still curious abt the bump stop touching??

tom

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM

They are supposed to touch. That's the way it was designed and intended to function.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 PM

who needs bump stops, just level it and run it, I'm 15K leveled without new shocks or bump stops and still don't have any issues yet

Old 07-15-2010, 12:04 AM

Extended bumpstops help maintain the factory ride and prevent the excessive nose dive you will get after cranking the bars. They are 40 bucks and take 5 minutes to install. Extended shocks like the bilstein's you would want if you do any off-roading since you can max out the fronts after a torsion lift. If you stay on the pavements then just put the bumpstops in it so it doesn't feel like a rollercoaster ride.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned
Default just put the bumpstops in it so it doesn't feel like a rollercoaster ride.

im just trying to understand why this is the only veh i ever saw in 50 years of driving that has no space like ALL others!!, like the rear end bumps.

why should it nosedive if no other veh does

theres room for about 6 inches of wheel travel and zero space b4 bump stop hits!!

tom

Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 PM

Well you might want to look at a few more vehicles then because a lot of them are set up that way. Maintains a cooshy ride.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Any vehicle mfg. today 4X2 or 4X4 comes off the line with the nose dive appearance and yes you better believe its for better air flow over the hood and roof for better fuel mileage. any thing the mfg. can do to raise the advertised fuel milage they will do.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Default $40 Bump stops

where do you get them at?

Quick Reply: bump stops,leveling,,??