PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brushgaurd install

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Default Brushgaurd install

Hello, I just got my double brushgaurd, and they didn't send any instruction. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out?....I know I could figure it out, but I would rather not dive in and break any plastic parts. I have had my Hummer now 9 whole days and I am in love....Gave up a Dodge Hemi....And I have no regrets...

Old 03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: Brushgaurd install

I put one on a couple of months ago. I purchased it on ebay and it came with no hardware. You needto get longer boltsand you also need to buy spacers (can't remember if they were 1" or 3/4") for the side bolts. If you want to do the job right you will also need to buy a new lower grille cover. If you don't buy the new cover you will need to modify, cut the sides ofthe one you have. I found a place that sells them, I think it cost around $100.00 for the part. If you want more info let me know.If you have everything you need the job takes less then 30 minutes. Tom

Old 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM

if you don't have the longer bolts and spacers, your best bet would be to get them from the dealer, that way you're not wasting time (just money, unless they're cool like mine and give them to you). the only struggle is getting the lower mounts underneath the main grill. it can be done without taking it off, but trimming the sides would help. the top mounts are where you'll need the longer bolts and spacers, you'll see wherre they need to go once you get the bottom of the grill mounted. it's pretty easy to do. the lower grill just pops off, pull it straight forward. if you want to take off the main grill, you'll need to remove some nuts from the mounting bolts from inside the hood. sometimes the bolt will unscrew from the grill itself, so you'll need to watch out for that, but i'd recommend trying it without taking the main grill off first. if you're really lost on it, post here and i'll try to take some pics if you need them.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Hi...Im new here.. I just bought a Hummer H2 yesterday. It HAD a WAAG BrushGuard on it, but I bent it all to hell(Hooked it on a light pole)..No Damage to anything but Brushguard. I ordered another one, so I have all the long bolts and the spacers....Ill send them to u if u still need em..