PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bring it on, winter storms!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default Bring it on, winter storms!

Well, my area, which is south of Chicago, is predicted to get hit the hardest by this winter storm front that is supposed to hit in 2 hours/midnight tonight. My H3 and I are ready to go. Some say 2 inches, some say 12 inches. It's going to be an interesting 45 mile drive to work tomorrow, but the morning will bring me a full tank of gas, a cup of coffee, and the courage to take on mother nature. Hopefully, I don't end up in a ditch and die or sumthin' [].

Wish me luck!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Default RE: Bring it on, winter storms!

Good Luck, Mike!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:57 AM

Take a sick day...it ain't worth it to have some jackass plow into you, because he don't know how to drive in snow...

Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 AM

Hey Mike,

Yeah, like Dennis says.YOU can be driving an H1 Alpha, doesn't mean some DumbAss who's driving a Civic won't smash into you.

You and your Rig will do fine, but keep an eye out for LOSERS!!!

Be Safe Brother!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:33 AM

watch behind just as much as in front and allow enough room in front at the lights to escape an accident and you and your hummer will be fine

Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
JM

Mike, be safe and BEWARE of frenchmen driving on Snow.....just in case you see one.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:39 AM

Hope you are having better luck than me this morning Mike ... there's a sheet of ice forming on everything and when I called in to work to see about closings .. well, the answer I got was something to the line "get yer *** in here, this ain't nothing" ... I'd say half the city is already closed and if the cars in the ditches is any kind of clue .. it's going to be one seriously interesting drive home ... like the drive in here wasn't

Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks!

We left at 5:15 (co-worker comes in with me) and got here at 7:45. It usually takes us about 50 minutes. It wasn't bad at all, just REALLY slow and alot of snow on the ground so traffic was crawling. I'm like ZYNE, basically I take one day off and the world falls apart, and as far as the idiots out there, I watch them very carefully. It's pretty bad.

And there was some guy in a Fiat on the side of the road waving a sign saying "Will shovel for courage" but I don't know what that was all about

Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM

We ain't gettin' nothing but freezin' rain here now .. you can sit and watch the crap build up on everything .. trees are rattling when the wind is blowing .. the company's stand point? This!? Go home? It's just rain .. all the while there's a sheet of ice on the ground and someone stood on their *** going out smoking... we're the ONLY company in this industrial park that's open .. the rest are all closed due to ice storm conditions .. BULLSH*T!!!!! I'm heading out here soon .. I had enough problems getting in here this morning, I'm leaving before I get stuck here LOL!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Nothing but rain down here.[&:]

Quick Reply: Bring it on, winter storms!