PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brand New to the Hummer Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Default RE: Brand New to the Hummer Forum

I am tired from scrolling to the end of this thread.... wow you guys love to type!! I thnk the choice is simple, HUMMER buy or not?? YES is really the only answer, you will never regret it!!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM

I'm happy to hear the remarks from people who have driven other top dollar vehicles like the Land Rover. I don't have any such experience with these exotic rides. I will say, though, that automobile magazines rate these foreign vehicles very high. The Toyota Land Cruiser just came out with a new platform, and the automotive press gave all kind of accolades to this vehicle. The Land Cruiser even has cruise control for off-road! Can you believe it? As mentioned earlier, though, you better have deep pockets if you want to purchase this vehicle. By the way, I thought Toyota was going to drop their Land Cruiser model. That was the whole purpose of bringing out the FJ Cruiser. Oh well, 'Build it, they will come'.

I was smitten at first sight with the Hummer H2; and then, after test driving it, I knew it would definitely work for me. Hearing from others who experienced driving other 4WD vehicles from other companies and comparing to the Hummer vehicles is not only interesting but can be frosting on the cake for me.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM

HUMMER......Nuff Said!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 AM

LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:34 AM

I understand that the new 6.2 liter motor runs on regular, but, per the local salesman, the General is going to come out in the near future and suggest that owners use high test. Anyone hear this?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 AM

do what the manual tells you to do. the salesmen typically know dik and talk out their *****.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 AM

I use regualr, Super doens't really do much better on the 6 liter

Old 04-22-2008, 01:10 PM

Its all about EGO!I drive over and through everything. Works great in stopped traffic HAHA which I deal with every morning. Just drop offon the shoulder, paved or not, and keep moving. I love my muscle cars but nothing tops my Big Baby. I will never go back to a typical 4x4. I got smacked by a drunk kid on Christmas morning, tore the sh*t out of his car, he lost his back window and everything -Idrove away witha small scratch on the driver door -totally ROCKS! Only thing that angers me is parking garages. I do a lot of work at the Capitol Building here,fightingpolitical nutheads over health issues and policies, and there is never a place to park -I always leave with a ticket for parking on something I shouldn't. But I love it so it's all a wash in the end. Happiness always comes with a cost anyways right?

Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I love happy stories

I assume you were referring to Greenblades story...

...and once a girl said she'd give me a hummer if she could do it in the hummer whilst I was imbibing at a local pub, lol....

Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 AM

The story described by GirlieH2 is the reason I'm going the H2 route. There are a lot of big vehicles out there roaming the streets, boys and girls, and it helps to be somewhat protected. Sure gas is high, but I don't think it'll stay high. I'd chalk up the price of the Hummer as an insurance policy and getting a hummer in a hummer as a Hummer option. Then there is the CSI option if you mark option G on the Hummer order form.

Quick Reply: Brand New to the Hummer Forum