PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brake pedal dropped

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Default Brake pedal dropped

I searched this subject first because I thought that I had read on it before, but to no avail. Yesterday I pressed down on my brake and all of a sudden the pedal dropped somewhat. I'm guessing an inch or so. This is the first occurance and has yet to happen again. I don't think it's air in the system. I haven't had any work done. I only have 10, 000 miles, so I'm sure that I don't need brakes yet, esp[ecially with the way I drive. And I'm confident that there is no dirt in the system. I depressed my brake pedal multiple times in my garage and checked for any leakage on the floor anddid not see any. I have yet to actually look inside the master cylinder at the fluid levels. Does this sound as if the master cylinder may be going bad already?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Default RE: Brake pedal dropped

i recall a thread about it, i'm thinking either blackstang or bling, i mean, hummbob, but not quite sure. it's happened to me once or twice, but it never changed the way the truck was braking at the time, so i let it go and continued on my way. brake fluid is fine, i've got no leaks anywhere and it's very infrequent. if i ignore it, it will go away, right?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Twasn't me..........Only happend once, I would not worry about unless it happens again.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Not Me!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 AM

GM dosen't use a vacuum booster,theycall it hydro boost, it is a pump driven by a belt on the front of the engine. The pedal feels different from other cars & trucks. As your pads wear it gets worse. It seems like something is wrong but it's not. You just have to get use to it?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM

My H2 is at the dealer now, they said the same exact thing, this is normal with their "hydro boost" system. I brought it in for some minorfailures, mirros, seatbelt cover etc, and while it is there I asked them to look at the same thing...

I will keep posted, get it back next week, so they are looking into the brakes but already think it is the hydro boost... whatever the f that is...

Old 02-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Cool. Thanks guys!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to my world. VPRKLR (What does that stand for, Vampire Killer, aka Castlevania?) is right on the money. That is what they told me also. It's some hydro-electric braking system that only a few days have right now, the H2, H3, and one or two of the Caddi's and GMC trucks. It's something new. Don't worry about it unless you see any fluid leaking from underneath. You should run your fingers along the master cylinder just in case to see if there are any wet spots.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM

VPRKLR is probably for Viper Killer, it looks like he has a nice fast Mustang Cobra.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 PM

Its offical - The play in the brakes is due to the boost mechanism. My dealer called me today

Quick Reply: Brake pedal dropped