PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brake pads/rotors kit upgrade recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Default Brake pads/rotors kit upgrade recommendations?

Since I've upgraded to 37's and upgraded alot of my steering and front end components, I'd like to beef up my braking since it feels kinda sluggish and spongie when I need to stop in a hurry.

Anyone have brake pad/rotor kit suggestions? I'd like to get something premium or higher grade obviously over OEM stuff.

Also, the wheel hubs, any reason to replace them? I'm at 117k miles and they are nice n rusty, but I'm not sure if there's a reason to replace them if there isnt a problem.

I was looking at something like this kit but it says "w/o 2 inch lift" does this mean I need a kit that is designed for a lifted vehicle??
More Information for POWER STOP K2023
Performance Upgrade Kit; Incl. Silver Zinc Plated Cross-Drilled And Slotted Rotors w/Z16 Ceramic Scorched Brake Pads; Incl. Hardware

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

If it feels kinda spongy, might check your brake booster could be out. There is also a thread on this forum that covers the various pad types available from durability, longevity and stopping power.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:36 PM

Yeah I'd check your stock rubber brake hoses for wear and ballooning and replace your brake fluid in the whole system before dropping money on rotors and pads.

My whole system is stock and I can't believe how fast the big thing comes to a stop. I'm had to slam on my brakes a couple times and it amazes me but then again the calipers are pretty darn big.

Again rubber brake hoses can begin to wear from the inside out and fail eventually-definite safety hazard to check those out right away.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Have multiple customers with stretch limo hummers, I've sent all of them over to a local shop where he installed custom steel braided brake lines to help. After driving one of them myself I was amazed at how much firmer the pedal feels. I'd start with steel braided lines. the big brake kits might stop better but they won't last as long as your o.e. brakes. 120,000 on mine so far still original. and I tow.

So ditto what LoJac963 said!