PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Braided brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:15 AM
Default Braided brake lines

Hey guy's do you know any where that i can get some braided brake lines but all i need is the rear ones from the brake caliper ?

can email me or pm

Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vince_x542
Hey guy's do you know any where that i can get some braided brake lines but all i need is the rear ones from the brake caliper ?

can email me or pm
These guys are great and fast plus they can make it to your custom size.

Crown Performance: Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Braided Hoses for Cars, Trucks & SUV

Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
These guys are great and fast plus they can make it to your custom size.

Crown Performance: Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Braided Hoses for Cars, Trucks & SUV
Sorry I'm a mega noob. I went to this website, in search of brake lines. Simply because my 06 H3 with 70k miles makes a screeching noise when i brake heavily. There were no options for the vehicle. Should I private message or call them?

did you get brake lines from them?? Thanks for all the info

Old 09-29-2014, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by norinco3264
Sorry I'm a mega noob. I went to this website, in search of brake lines. Simply because my 06 H3 with 70k miles makes a screeching noise when i brake heavily. There were no options for the vehicle. Should I private message or call them?

did you get brake lines from them?? Thanks for all the info
Sorry about that, they don't have our vehicle on the site but when you call them they will make in on the spot. They'll ask what you got and what size you want and the outside color. When I put on my lift I had the rear line made 6+ on the OEM length in black for $85.

Name:  DSCN2891_zpsc6d7b6de.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  111.2 KB

Now about that screeching noise, have you checked how much pads you have left on the brakes? Most pads will make a screeching noise when you apply them to let you know that they are low and need to be changed.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:18 PM

you can order the Crown brake lines through trailduty.com

Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 PM

@SolidJJ;

I guess I described it wrong. The noise is rather a slight grinding noise, coming from the rear, and it slightly seems to shake the vehicle. I have replaced the pads and it still does this.

Somewhere I had read that many H3s were devolping corroded brakes from salt, and deteriorating the brake system?? Perhaps that is what is happening to mine?

Maybe I need to resurface my rotors? Is that difficult to do?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by norinco3264
@SolidJJ;

I guess I described it wrong. The noise is rather a slight grinding noise, coming from the rear, and it slightly seems to shake the vehicle. I have replaced the pads and it still does this.

Somewhere I had read that many H3s were devolping corroded brakes from salt, and deteriorating the brake system?? Perhaps that is what is happening to mine?

Maybe I need to resurface my rotors? Is that difficult to do?
Bingo. Remove them, take them to a shop and have them spun, then re-install. Difficulty scale is about a 3 of 10.

The TSB regarding corrosion for H3 brakes was as to the brake lines, not the calipers or rotors. If you do not see it, you don't have the problem.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:38 PM

That's if the router has enough material to be cut but yea you can pop them off and have a shop check it with a micrometer. Shacking in the @ss it's the rear and shacking in the steering wheel it's the front rotors.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Machine "floating" rotors? Not a good thing and a waste of money, less material to dissipate the heat and will cause issues down the road. Just replace them! Search around the net and you will find NEW brake rotors for a few bucks more than the cost to have your rotors machined, and you will not have to worry about making a panic stop in a 5k lb rig. GL

Last edited by hummerz; 10-01-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Machine "floating" rotors? Not a good thing and a waste of money, less material to dissipate the heat and will cause issues down the road. Just replace them! Search around the net and you will find NEW brake rotors for a few bucks more than the cost to have your rotors machined, and you will not have to worry about making a panic stop in a 5k lb rig. GL
Great point.