PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Boulder Accesories Two-Piece Beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Default Boulder Accesories Two-Piece Beadlocks

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I just got and H3 Alpha and wanted to do some minor mods. I have been reading through the forum and found so much useful information. I want to keep away from the bling stuff. One day I will lift it, when some other company other than Rancho, make a quality lift kit. My question is about the Boulder Accesories two-piece beadlock rims. I searched the forum and didn't find any info on them. Does anyone have any experience with these rims? Are they any good? I like the idea of the factory look. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Boulder Accesories Two-Piece Beadlocks

I have been looking at them also. I really like them. They are a little pricey. I think retail is about $550.00 each. I will probably wind up with a set at some point.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 AM

Are you looking for form or function?

Even with a two piece beadlock, its probably still not the best idea for a daily driver. If I needed a beadlock and was going to spend the $ I wouldn't go with a stock looking wheel.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:54 AM

Function. I've driven 8 years on beadlocks on my Wrangler with no problems. It just take a bit more to balance.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:14 AM

In that case, get 'em and report back.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:40 AM

They are not street legal in my state, I don't know why, but I bought other thiings from them and they are top notch. They are actually AM General and they make the H1s and H2s so they know what they are doing.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 AM

They're not legal in Cali either, but since they look stock you might get away with it. My only hesitation to getting them is that they have the factory offset, which they say would no be compatible with lift kits Is this true?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:35 PM

Most states don't prohibit beadlock wheels, but do require wheels to be DOT compliant. This is a two piece beadlock whichshould beDOT compliant. unless your state has specific legislation prohibiting two piece wheels, they should be street legal.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 AM

I think beadlock's look BADASS!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

The 2004 -2006 H1s came stock with dual beadlocks. My Alpha passed CDOT inspection. I just bought a spare set of the Hutchison dual beadlocks. Haven't decided whetehr to use them as spares for the Alpha or put them on the 97. I have seen too mant in California to believe anyone enforces the law on that if it is true.

Quick Reply: Boulder Accesories Two-Piece Beadlocks