PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bought an H3 this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Default Bought an H3 this weekend!

Finally....seems Beck and Masten, the Houston dealership I purchased my 2008 H3 from can do in 3 hours what 2 Toyota dealerships could not do in 2 weeks, and the other Hummer dealership could not do in 3 weeks!

I first spoke to my salesman James Coker on this forum, when he responded to my venting and frustration regarding the "other" Hummer dealership in N Houston as well as Toyota.
He took all of my phone calls to answer my pre-sales questions.
When I told him I did not want to waste his time or mine, by showing me the vehicle, be submitted to financing, and then only to be disappointed and not be able to buy, James insisted that no matter what happens...even if I do not buy the vehicle, that I would not be wasting his time....Heis just doing his job...
This unlike one particular Toyota dealership where the salesman was whining he was spending too much time on the deal....

INSTEAD...James was very professional yet easy going and down to earth.
No silly sales pitches or trickery, he respected me as an "informed buyer" and did not insult my intelligence as the other dealers did by dragging out the price negotiations.
He already had disclosed quite clearly all the rebates, and even one I did not know about (Houston Car Show), and discounted the price more than the others as well.
In addition, James is a Hummer owner and can answer any question you have regarding these vehicles both on a personal and professional level.
I was able to take a test drive (with my dog),allowed me to do this on my own; unlike the other dealerships, and encouraged me to bring my dog along, showed me the vehicle and all its features, submit me to financing, get approved, and delivered the vehicle in just a few hours. Unlike the other dealerships which dragged the financing out for 2-3 weeks, and had to go back and forth between their managers over and over again wasting my weekend.
James was able to handle this deal, without running back and forth over and over again...
Best of all, he and his finance person, knew I had a specific amount for a down payment, and not only beat everyone elses deals, but were able to do it so that the down payment was what I could afford.
The other dealerships were always insisting the "banks" NEEDED more and refuse to budge.
Well, I think James and his dealership proved I did not need to "sell the farm" and drop the extra thousands of dollars these other dealerships insisted on.

Thus, I cannot say enough about James and his dealership. He was able to do what no one else could not, or seemingly did not want to.
The other dealerships loss, are his gain, as well as for his dealership.

His dealership also has alot of "cool" customized Hummers as well.

Needless to say, I am very happy.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Default RE: Bought an H3 this weekend!

Welcome aboard. Glad to hear you finally had a good buying experience. Not all dealerships & sales weasels are awful. My dealer experience was good at Lou Sobh Hummer in Atlanta.

So where are the pictures?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM

Here ya go!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6297/1B970D570F744E4196963839ABA4B473.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Solar Flare! Cool. Congrats.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 PM

Congrats! Alpha with Adv. package?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Congrats, you plan on getting that thing muddy?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM

LOL! Its a Victory Red H3 with the Adv package.
I think the sunset lighting made it look orange...aaahhh our beautiful man made (pollution) sunsets here in Houston!
Petro-chemical power!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:57 PM

congrats buddy

im from houston too

welcome aboard

Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM

Cool! Do you know any good places to get Hummer stuff here in Houston?
I am on the north side of town.

Quick Reply: Bought an H3 this weekend!