PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

blue ray -- wow..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Default blue ray -- wow..

well just a quick update---
got the system working ---
did a direct hdmi hook up to tv and blue ray direct :

I was using the bose vs-2 video enchancer but there was a conflict...

SO with the first blueray I was watching.......
was SUPERMAN
WOW --
did I say wow

Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Default RE: blue ray -- wow..

Yea, Blue-Ray is the chit.... I've got a PS3 with the BR player and the bluetooth remote and it is frikkin sweet. I've got several movies and they totally rock. My favorite is PLANET EARTH BBC 4 disc set. OMG. On a 1080P big screen and my Onkyo surround sound it just don't get any better.

BTW_ Check out Walmart.com they have a bunch of BR movies for sale, current releases and some great older movies and not too bad pricing. My BR system came with a rebate for get 5 free BR movies, it took about 2 months to get mine but I did finally receive all 5 movies.
That's $100 in BR discs! Sweet!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Yea, Blue-Ray is the chit.... I've got a PS3 with the BR player and the bluetooth remote and it is frikkin sweet. I've got several movies and they totally rock. My favorite is PLANET EARTH BBC 4 disc set. OMG. On a 1080P big screen and my Onkyo surround sound it just don't get any better.

Which Onkyo do you have??

I just ordered the Onkyo TX-SR875!! Supposedly PREETY SWEET!!!

I have NEVER seen anything on Blu-ray YET, but I also just ordered the Sony BDP-S2000ES!!

So I'm LOOKING forward to checking out some of the Blu-ray discs I have at my video stores!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 AM

Blu Ray is awesome. I cant even watch regular movies anymore. I also have HD movies (the red cased videos) but even though people say there the same as blu ray I trully think the blu rays look better.
I didnt dig in the pockets far enough for the Onkyo sound system, kinda wish I would have. I have a kenwood[:@]It does the job for now.
I just watched SAW 4 last night on blu ray, picture was great with good special effects, but i wasnt really too hot with the overall movie

Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 AM

You still have to add The Buttkicker system to complete your setup. I need to get paid by them for selling so many of them to everyone I tell about it. It's $500 and you won't regret it.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 AM

I refused to watch a Blu-Ray movie on my PS3 until my surround sound system was hooked up and I had my hdmi cable in place. First movie I watched was "300" and boy was it worth it. Even "boring" movies look great in Blu-Ray. We watched "Reign over me" (boring) and "Shooter" (not too bad, entertaining at least) and the picture is amazing. I told the wife that I don't think we'll pay $14 a ticket at the movie theater ever again. 61" 1080p screen at home, 5.1 surround sound (soon to be 7.1), and leather chairs, why go anywhere else?

Only real complaint is NetFlix sucks *** for getting Blu-Ray movies. Every single movie in my que is on a wait list, from short to long. So if I want to watch movies from them, I have to suck it up and get standard DVD. Tried BlockBuster but the disc quality was terrible. 2 out of 4 discs didn't even make it to the end of the movie due to scratches on the disc.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 AM

I haven't had any problems with Netflix .. I guess we picked different movies... I just got Resevior Dogs;;;

I also am waiting for planet earth- if I like it then I will buy the set.

Trey- I don't need a butt kicker I have my wife..... { kidding} Love you Joanna { my wife}[8D]
You will meet her one day... she wasn't at the event...

Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM

HummBob,

I'm not home now so I can't look at my Onkyo amp. I bought it early last year. I think it's the 700 series 7.1 SS.

You got the top line I think and I can promise you that ONCE you figure out all the bells and whistles (there's tons of'em too) you are going to love it. Great choice on the Onkyo.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:20 AM

anyone tried 10.2? I would need a bigger movie room but it seems like a nice setup........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound

Old 01-25-2008, 10:21 AM

The problem with NetFlix isn't the quality, it's trying to get Blu-Ray new releases shipped out. What's the point of paying a monthly fee if the films are long wait-listed?

Quick Reply: blue ray -- wow..