PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

BLUE RAY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Default RE: BLUE RAY?

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

HumBob, how is this going to effect the way you stock your shelves?
All the HD DVD's I have already paid for themselves so it's no BIGGIE!!!

I'm sure I can sell them in store EASILY!!! I remember I used to work at a video store when Beta was discontinued.....There were LINE UPS of people wanting to but the used Beta tapes!!??

Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

can you rent blu ray at ****buster?
Fixed

Old 01-07-2008, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: sgt940

blade runner- final cut
5 th element....
excalibur

and sooo g oes the list....

GREAT Choice of MOVIES!!!

The wife got me the Blade Runner Briefcase......but in HD-DVD!!! Think I'll be RETURNING IT!!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM

LUCKY -
my wife wants Planet Earth series.... that would be cool on a plasma tv and blue ray....

I started w renting a few first and then I will purchase them.....

What is " the one " to have on BLue ray?

I am glad the blue ray player upconverts the other dvd, I have over 200 movies.. The wife cant find 5 she likes.....

[8D][:'(]

Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM

A LITTLE BLURAY NEWS

Paramount Set to Drop HD DVD for Blu-ray:

How many "death blows" will it take for Blu-ray to finally win the format war against HD DVD? I've been hearing that phrase (and writing about it) since July 2007. Well here comes another one. Following in the footsteps of Warner Brothers' abandonment of the HD DVD format, reports are surfacing that Paramount is headed to Blu-ray as well.

link to article

Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM

Perfect timing!!!!! wow -- I knew it....

Old 01-08-2008, 08:21 PM

They made a player that plays both blu ray and hd dvd:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...=BD-UP5000/XAA

I'm sellingmy blu ray player on e bay and getting this

Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 PM

ya , I saw that today at BestBuy..of course I had to break the news to the wife at dinner that the TV will break and all the plasma will run out if I don't add a bluray/dvd player to it ASAP!!

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-08-2008, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: GorillaH2

They made a player that plays both blu ray and hd dvd:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...=BD-UP5000/XAA

I'm sellingmy blu ray player on e bay and getting this

LG has had a Combo player for about a year!!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 AM

I think BlueRay will ultimately win out over HD DVD. Too many major houses have made the decision for BR. Also note that the rental companies are focused on BR as well.

One cool thing is when you buy and HD player you get 5 free movies. It took me a couple of months to get mine. You can pick your movies from 5 lists. They don't guarantee you'll get the pick, they can sub another flick if they want.

I got mine in and was delighted they didn't substitute BLAZING SADDLES, that is a great movie I can watch over and over and to have it on BR is even sweeter.

Another great flick was Hart's War. Excellent war movie with Bruce Willis. I got Devil's Rejects but for some reason it doesn't play on my PS3. There is a warning on the DVD case that this is the latest in BR and you may need to update your firmware.
Well I have my PS3 hooked up to my wireless network at home and did the latest firmware update and it still doesn't work. Bummer, I really wanted to see that on BR. Maybe Sony will update their PS3 again soon to make it work.

I absolutely love Blade Runner, one of my all time favorites. I have to get it on BR too. I have the original release of Blade Runner and the director's cut which I didn't like as much. I found the narration by Harrison Ford to really work with that movie. I hope the BR version has the narration as in the original

I don't see any reason why most popular films no matter how old can't or won't be updated to HD. It's going to be interesting.

I found StarGate at Fry's on BlueRay and it's another good flick.

Quick Reply: BLUE RAY?