PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Black Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Default Black Emblems

I have seen several Hummer H3s with black logos/emblems. Are these custom or can these be purchased? I located black trim pieces at Real Wheels Accessories, but no logos. Help anyone?

Almost forgot the link: LINKY

Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Default RE: Black Emblems

I wonder if the H3 Tactical badges would work?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM

They are very proud of there stuff.

As for the badges, rough 'em up with a dremel, then hit 'em with engine enamel out of a rattle can.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 AM

what he said

Old 08-30-2007, 08:19 AM

I would paint them, but I actually use my H3 for off roading and I dont want to have to repaint them every time I go for a trip. I am sure the engine enamel will hold up, but I don't think the cheap plastic will. I am tempted to order a set of billet emblems and have them powder coated.

I am also pretty apprehensive about spray painting something on the vehicle . . . I will still consider this though.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 AM

If there is special badging for the tactical package ...I dont have em and i have a tactical edition. But i do like those to go with it......Would go great.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: cbetts

I would paint them, but I actually use my H3 for off roading and I dont want to have to repaint them every time I go for a trip. I am sure the engine enamel will hold up, but I don't think the cheap plastic will. I am tempted to order a set of billet emblems and have them powder coated.

I am also pretty apprehensive about spray painting something on the vehicle . . . I will still consider this though.
The engine enamal will hold up better than the pant on the body.

Take a look at my F150. The emblems had been painted with engine enamal after preping them with a dremal. Held up fine for 7 years. There were scratches going down the body of the truck that stoped at the emblem, then picked up after it. Even with the damage you see in the pic, the emblem was fine.

I had another set of wheels that I also did with engine enamal which held up fine. The only "chip" they ever got was because a rock took part of the aluminum off too. It was easily fixed with another quick shot of enamal.

I guess if you want to go with billet and powder coat, knock your self out. I'm quickly learning that owning an H3 is all about the overpriced accesories. Personaly, I'm torn between taking the effort to paint 'em or just pulling them off and tossing 'em.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

if your really worried or cant paint, get these! lol

Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Default Closeup Black on Black H3 Emblem

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd make a reply to it, rather than make a new post, since this is still relevant to the topic.

Admittedly, the whole reason of this post is to share the photo I took of my black-on-black emblem. I bought my black vinyl decal emblem overlays early this summer from a source on eBay. Unfortunately I can't find them there anymore, else I'd share!

The decals aren't perfect, but see for yourself. This my close-up photo of a black emblem on my black H3. I'm quite pleased.

Update: I took this photo as a favor for the seller on eBay, to use in ads and such. The email just came back undeliverable and they're no longer active on eBay! I would say I wasted my time, however since the photo kicks-butt, it was worth it!

Attached Thumbnails  Black Emblems-h3-black-decal-m.jpg  

Last edited by timpossible; 11-27-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-28-2009, 01:55 AM

paint it then clear coat it

Quick Reply: Black Emblems