PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bilstien shock question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Default Bilstien shock question

I did the T-bar adjustment about a year ago. Installed the bilstien front shocks. Numbers from the center of the hub to fender lip were 24 3/4" rear and 23 3/4" front. Istore a lot of weight in the rear (tools and such) so now my rear measurement is 24". I backed off the T-bars on the front but the front end will not drop below 23 1/4". Does this mean the vehicle is resting on the shocks and not the T-bars?
Should I put the factory shocks back on?
Thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Bilstien shock question

Your T-Bar adjustment has nothing to do with your shocks. The T-bar (Torsion)adjustment moves the Lower A-Arms up or down. When you adjusted your T-bars you moved the A-arms down thereby lifting the Vehicle up i.e compressing/relieving your springs.Your suspension is resting on the Springs. Your Shock does as the name states "absorb shock" and have nothing to do with height adjustment.Changing your Shocks back to OEM might change the height if they are worn out or you put the wrong replacements in or are they equivalentreplacements.
Oh, did you drive it around after your adjustment or just go back and measure? Your suspension needs to settle in if you make adjustments to it when it comed to T-bars, I have had a few Dodges and they have used Torsion Bar suspensions for years and still do on there P/Us.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Bilstien shock question

ORIGINAL: TheGunnyRet

......Oh, did you drive it around after your adjustment or just go back and measure? Your suspension needs to settle in if you make adjustments to it when it comed to T-bars......
This would be my guess also. Make sure you ride around a little. You need to flex your suspension and then check your height measurements.