PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best lift kit for a 2008 H2

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Default To lift or not to lift

If I was to upgrade the front end what components are the best and how many miles do you think I will get on them if I don't do anything too crazy?

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
It's a tough deal, i would have done the same thing. I bought mine lifted already so it wasn't a big deal for me to do a few things. Money is always tight though it seems. Paid mine off a year and a half ago, I'm only 27 though too. Mine was my present to myself for finishing college. Don't have a lot of cash, bought it myself, not rich by any means or have thousands in the bank to spend on it. Havent done much to it in the Past couple years, fixing more on it now than driving it lately...

If you upgrade the front end while doing the lift, you will be good to go. Better tie rods, ball joints, and HD parts up front will help keep you from rebuilding it again. Cognito has/had a good aftermarket front end as well as fts with their lift kits I believe.

They are truly a blast lifted but with parts getting harder to find they can be tough to fix. As close as they are to the trucks and burbs, they had a few important parts that were 100% hummer only. The resistor for the blower fan was one of them. Can't find them new any more.

Steve

Old 11-02-2015, 08:10 AM

if you lift it, youll definitely have to put some longer shocks on it. most kits include them, if they dont, they have an additional parts list for shocks. "upgrading" would help out the ride, standard rancho shocks or something like that imo isnt really an upgrade.

ive heard differentials and transfer cases are getting hard to find, along with the gears inside. you cant buy blower motor resistors any more new, there are a couple people that refurbish them on ebay, though.

as for front end parts to upgrade:

Let me google that for you

Upgrading the steering [Archive] - Hummer Forums by Elcova

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...d-parts-28205/

im sure there are plenty more around, as this was a hot topic for a long time with the weak front ends on these. cognito may need a phone call to get the parts, as it doesnt look like they have a hummer specific area any more.

most of these items would come with the purchase of a new lift and be upgraded to the specific companies parts. thats a good thing and a time saver since you dont have to piece the whole front end together individually.

steve

Old 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Thanks for all your help.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-15-OEM-...VWBqCx&vxp=mtr

If this is the endangered part they got 2 left... 1 for you and 1 for me.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:34 PM

No problem, bud. Unfortunately I'm not the most up on these things. I did a lot of researching before I bought my h2 in '12 since I had planned to lift he one I bought. Fortunately, I found one that was already.

Unfortunately that isn't the one you need. It is a different style.

Steve

Old 11-02-2015, 08:24 PM

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...962530&alt=web

That is what the h2 one looks like. The problem is that it is a different voltage range or something rhan the regular trucks. There is a retro fit that ac delco had as well, you have to cut the wires and wire in the retro fit one but there's one around. I didn't want to go that route so I bought this one and swapped my original one.

Hopefully you never have trouble with yours... See my bypass thread for my story on what I went through.

Steve

Old 11-02-2015, 08:41 PM

I was looking at that one...Is this a part that goes bad every 50-100K miles where it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one stored away?

Is $100 or $175 without a core a bad deal just incase?

I haven't even got my H2 delivered yet and I'm thinking about buying some of the parts and just keeping them in the garage until that day comes. I was just looking around adding up some of the suspension and steering components and I think it was about $4K does that sound about right... I'm sure I left out some things as I'm not a gear head...yet

Then I thought IF I was to squirrel away all the parts I need to rebuild the suspension with top of the line parts I'm half way to a lift kit and then I could just keep the factory parts just in case.

I called up Road Armor bumpers today and they said they are going to stop making the line. So needless to say I just placed an order for front and rear bumpers... that got me thinking what is next

Old 11-02-2015, 08:50 PM

Not sure that it goes bad that soon but its hard to say. It sounded like a lot of them were replaced under warranty if they had issues.

I'd you have the cash, it might not be a bad idea. Needed or not, it is a pain if you do need one. The module repair pro resistor has upgraded parts in it as well. The main problem I've found, usually there is a good reason for a resistor to go bad. Either a fan, a controller, or both going bad causes a failure.

Imo you might be a little paranoid lol esp if you don't even have it yet. Lol!!

Same deal with the suspension. Unless you are going to put another 100k on it while you have it, you probably won't need anything other than the aftermarket stuff.

Don't forget though, the last year of these was 09 already! These things are getting old... you'll like the road armor bumpers, they should drive your truck for what they cost though. Stuff will get harder and harder to find, unless it is a common part to standard trucks or burbs.

Steve

Old 11-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Default Bulletproof VS Fabtech

What is the difference between the Bulletproof and the Fabtech? I know on the Bulletproof you won't have to cut an ear off the rear diff... But to me that is not a big deal... I seen a pic of the parts in the kit and it looks to me like the Fabtech has a lot more parts. What one is better from an engineering point of view? Cutting off the ear on the diff is not that big of a deal for me IF it would lead to less wear and tear on the front end. The first one is Bulletproof followed by Fabtech.

Attached Thumbnails Best lift kit for a 2008 H2-h2-6kit-x.jpg   Best lift kit for a 2008 H2-fabtech2.jpg  
Old 11-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Unfortunately I'm not going to be any help what so ever, oI have no idea.

I'm thinking it would be best to make a call to each company and ask them those questions.

Sorry dude,
Steve

Old 11-07-2015, 07:09 PM

I just don't know how much they would be able to tell me. I think any company would be trash talking the competition just to try and sell their product.

Quick Reply: Best lift kit for a 2008 H2