PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best Dealership NY/NJ/CT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Default Best Dealership NY/NJ/CT

Is anyone here from the Tri-State area? NY/NJ/CT If so, where did youbuy your ride? How do they treat you? Is the service department good? Once again, I am having problems with my dealer and I think I might cancel my order and go elsewhere.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Default RE: Best Dealership NY/NJ/CT

My dealer here in Pittsburgh sucks too.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:17 PM

I live near Buffalo NY. I leased "Godzookie" from Buffalo Hummer. My experience with this dealer has been nothing short of phenomenal, from the time I went into the dealership the first time todiscuss a deal too the time I drove it home.

I was greeted with an invitation to coffee. I had gone on line to their inventory and found one on the lot that I liked a lot and gave them the inventory sheet I printed. This truck did not show on their computers. After an intense search and a lot of scratching heads on their account they found the truck. It was delivered to them that morning right off the truck and had been on the lot for only 2 hours and had not been put into the system yet. Never the less the sales person and I went through the truck and I was very impressed. She drove us through the obstical course and I was even more impressed. Then she let me take one for a test drive and I was sold and the paperwork was signed.

2days later I went to pick "Godzookie" up.Naturally anxious I wen there earlier then they told me to come. Greeted with the same invite for coffee I was told they were just finishing the truck up and they would bring it out to me. About 15 minutes later there it was. While she was going over the entire truck with me in more detail she noticed that the lights on the light bar were on probably by the cleaners. The problem was the covers for the light were also on and when they took the covers off it was like melted cheese...strings of plastic from the light to the cover. They said they were sorry and they would fix this right away. I figured new lights and covers...NOPE they replaced the entire light bar on the spot. I put the covers in the glovebox where they have been ever since.

I have had nothing wronge with my truck for it to be serviced other then the every 3000 service but they all went very smooth. The sales person still calls me by name after dealing with hundreds of people I don't know how she remembers but she does. I get Christmas and Birthday cards from the dealership. They send me Hummer happenings.

What more can I say My experience with my dealer was great.

Give her a call..it may be worth your wild...don't forget to mention my name cuz I get dealer kickbacks if you do

Old 01-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Paramas Hummer in North NJ is very good.

Goldcoast Hummer south Jersey is good for sales but service sucks and you have to pay a small fee for a loaner.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 PM

I still think you got ripped on the rental. That's Bull ****!!!!!Name:  angry1.gif
Views: 35
Size:  19.4 KB

Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: sartec2

Is anyone here from the Tri-State area? NY/NJ/CT If so, where did youbuy your ride? How do they treat you? Is the service department good? Once again, I am having problems with my dealer and I think I might cancel my order and go elsewhere.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm from Pa and got my H2 at James Hummer in Fleminton, NJ. It was a 2 hr. ride, but well worth it. I thought they had a pretty decent inventory and gave us a good deal. We had a problem with the driver side mirror about a week later.....We gave them a call and they took it right in and replaced it with a new one, no problem

Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 PM

We got our H2 from Gold Coast in central Jersey (and Escalade, too). We have never had to pay for a loaner, and we get one every time we take a vehicle in for service. As for service, they treat most customers well (we've seen some pretty irate customers in the service area having shouting matches withservice managers, but we've never had a problem) and they TRY to do a good job. But I've had the H2 in for a water leak by the driver's side grab handle several times and it still leaks. I've complained about the trailer hitch rusting for over a year before they finally fixed it (repainted, not replaced).

I always specify synthetic oil, and the service managers have never said they wouldn't honor my request, but I seriously doubt that they use synthetic oil in our rides because the price is the same as they advertise for a regular oil change. I've never pressed them about it because the oil is changed at least everyfour months (and both cars getonly around 9K miles per year on them). And I find little things, like they remove air from the tires (I like 'em hard) or leave the doors greasy after lubing them.

But Gold Coast has replaced all 4 wheels on the Escalade twice now -- no charge to us. And MOST of the work they do is right the first time.

I have never foundthe perfect auto service garage. I doubt they exist.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:32 PM

I live in CT and went to Mcdermott Hummer off of 95. No pressure sales, a VERY clean facility, service is friendly and most of the time very helpful. Someone else said Paramus Hummer in NJ, they are also a joy to deal with.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:36 PM

I got my 08 H3 a month ago from North Bay Hummer in Great Neck NY. They were great excellent service,very professional and actually listened to what I wanted and needed.

Phil

Old 04-08-2008, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: pkmak

I got my 08 H3 a month ago from North Bay Hummer in Great Neck NY. They were great excellent service,very professional and actually listened to what I wanted and needed.

Phil
That is where my Hummer window sticker says my H3 was sold to. It's a small world after all.

Quick Reply: Best Dealership NY/NJ/CT