PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best back up camera option for 2010 H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Default Best back up camera option for 2010 H3

My wife and I will soon be proud owners of a Hummer H3 this coming Monday. One concern we had, like many others, is backing up safely. The rearview mirror is already equipped with a digital temperature and direction read out, so we would like to keep this feature. Can someone suggest any camera/screen combo for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 PM

I just back up until I hear glass, then pull forward about a foot.

Sorry, I can't help with the original question however!

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM

You can purchase either a camera and and monitor that you can put on top of your dash or a camera connected to any DVD headunit of your choice to replace the factory 6 cd changer/player. Lot of guys in this forum are using Pioneer brand for better A/V quality.

BTW Congrats on your new Hummer.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJINCO
I just back up until I hear glass, then pull forward about a foot.

Sorry, I can't help with the original question however!

Welcome aboard!
lol thats funny.

To the OP:
You can buy an oem rear view mirror or after market rear view mirror that displays the camera in the left portion of the mirror when R is engaged.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM

I installed one with the display in the rear view mirror and really like it

Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyd
I installed one with the display in the rear view mirror and really like it

Is it an aftermarket or factory?? The guy said he wanted to keep his current factory rearview mirror due to the Temperature feature and compass.

So are you suggesting that he purchased another OEM rearview mirror with TEMP feature, compass and cam view on the left?

Last edited by RaYoSeKiZ; 08-28-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM

i bought one from cubbycam that has all the options onstar, compass, temp, auto dimming its direct replacement for factory one. up in Canada its about 1/2 price of gm one. took most of a day to install but alot of that was putting in a camera above the receiver hitch. i can supply you with more info on wiring that your gonna run into if you need

Old 08-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyd
i bought one from cubbycam that has all the options onstar, compass, temp, auto dimming its direct replacement for factory one. up in Canada its about 1/2 price of gm one. took most of a day to install but alot of that was putting in a camera above the receiver hitch. i can supply you with more info on wiring that your gonna run into if you need

@ MikeyD: Whereabouts exactly in Canada were you and where's cubbycam? Can u tell us how much did you bought it?

Thanks budz I'm in Vancouver.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 PM

http://www.cubbycam.com/store/

im in nwt the place i ordered from is in Calif. i think it was $459 us for mirror my price from local ford dealer for same mirror is $952 from gm but thats his cost and im quite happy with it

Old 08-29-2010, 12:31 AM

Thanks MikeD that was a cool stuff. But I already have a rearview and a back up cam coz I kept my factory rearview with comp.,temp and auto dim.

Quick Reply: Best back up camera option for 2010 H3