PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: A poll
I am keeping my Hummer no matter what!
0%
I am looking at an alternative vehicle
0%
I am dumping my Hummer before it's value bottoms
0%
I think my Hummer will become a collectors item
100.00%
I am holding tight but will bail out if it gets worse.
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Is this the beginning of the end of Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Default Is this the beginning of the end of Hummer

Seems times are getting tougher for our beloved Hummers, GM looking to dump Hummer and closing many SUV plants, Gasoline getting closer to $5.00/gal. with no relief in sight. Crashing Hummerretail values. Just for grins and giggles I went to a number of retail car lots to get a feel of how bad thing are. I have an H2 SUT all factory with just about everything inshowroom condition(Lux, Nav, Changer ect...) According to KBB its trade in value is $34,500. Here's what dealers want to give for it. (keep in mind this was BEFORE the GM announcement)

Carmax - $26,500 outright
Hummer Dealer - $30,000 (only on trade for a new one)
Chevrolet Dealer - $29,000 (only on trade for a Tahoe)
Ford - $25,000 - Trade value, they really didn't want it (and was hesitant to give me a value) and told me they would wholesale it anyway

What's your thoughts?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1991/EB9EECD2669245A5AFD2D8E3AB037506.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Default RE: Is this the beginning of the end of Hummer

We just bought our H2 5 weeks ago. It would not matter to me if the dealer or KBB said it was worth $500.00 or $500.0000. I have no thoughts of what my H2 is worth other then what it means to me. And to me, it's priceless. The comfort, safety, the drive, the looks, and on and on. The Hummer is a total package.

Five, maybe six years down the road, I would like to trade this one in for another new H2, but if they stop making them, looks like I will have this one till I die.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

This is probably the 5th thread on this topic already

BUT, I voted. Things are changing, we want to have kids, and I think my H3 will be the one and only Hummer I ever own. I would like the newer H4/HX but it's not practical anymore for our future plans.

If the Chevy Volt is afforadble, we will buy one. If they are rediculously priced (which is almost a given), then we will probably buy a used Prius.

Regardless of gas prices going up or down, it's what we want. We have the bad weather vehicle, and now need the practical one. [&:]

Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 AM

I am looking for an alternative in addition to mine. I want one for commuting purposes. What I'd really like to do is trade in for an H1 and then have some gas sipper.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:57 AM

ASP 500 Error

I burn wood to heat my house so my total energy budget is not too bad. The money I don't spend on heating oil goes to gasoline I'm keeping the H2, my dog loves room!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Hummerguy, Since you are an administrator can you check the poll part of this thread, it does not appear to be registering votes.

Thanks, Terminator

Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

The site seems to be having issues again unfortunately. I'm trying to get in touch with our main Admin but haven't seen him online at all today. Sorry about that. I'll let him know as soon as he shows up.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: OnAll4s

We just bought our H2 5 weeks ago. It would not matter to me if the dealer or KBB said it was worth $500.00 or $500.0000. I have no thoughts of what my H2 is worth other then what it means to me. And to me, it's priceless. The comfort, safety, the drive, the looks, and on and on. The Hummer is a total package.

Five, maybe six years down the road, I would like to trade this one in for another new H2, but if they stop making them, looks like I will have this one till I die.
I'm with you. I just bought my 2ndH2 2 weeks ago. I gave up my first one and regreted it, even though gas prices were high and the economy was making me shivera bit. I missed it tremendously and will keep this one for a long long time.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Hi guys and Girls,

My name is Dan Neil and I'm a reporter for the LA Times. I'd like to get some Hummer lovers voices into the story I'm working on. If you have some thoughts to the following qurestions, just let them rip. Be aware, we can't use profanity! Also, we need full name and location.

Do you think Hummer brand will go away, or are there enough fans and enough market presence for it to continue, even if gas gets to be $5 or $5 or $10 per gallon? I see a lot of people say, I don't care how much it costs. Is that really true. Personal stories appreciated.

Why do you think Hummer became such a player in the culture wars, red-blue, conservative-liberal, eco vs. not eco? Have you all experienced negative comments and gesatures, a la FUH2.com?

Can Hummer be smaller. The thing about the H2 -- why is what the public identifies as the iconic Hummer, to the point that they can't even tell a smaller H3 from an H2 -- is that it looks huge. Isn't that the attraction, that it's just so audaciously large? Can a smaller, Wrangler sized Humemr succeed?

Please email me at dan.neil@latimes.com. I'd like to get comments before 2 p.m. PST. Many thanks.

Dan Neil
LA Times

Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM

Hi guys and Girls,

My name is Dan Neil and I'm a reporter for the LA Times. I'd like to get some Hummer lovers voices into the story I'm working on. If you have some thoughts to the following qurestions, just let them rip. Be aware, we can't use profanity! Also, we need full name and location.

Do you think Hummer brand will go away, or are there enough fans and enough market presence for it to continue, even if gas gets to be $5 or $5 or $10 per gallon? I see a lot of people say, I don't care how much it costs. Is that really true. Personal stories appreciated.

Why do you think Hummer became such a player in the culture wars, red-blue, conservative-liberal, eco vs. not eco? Have you all experienced negative comments and gesatures, a la FUH2.com?

Can Hummer be smaller. The thing about the H2 -- why is what the public identifies as the iconic Hummer, to the point that they can't even tell a smaller H3 from an H2 -- is that it looks huge. Isn't that the attraction, that it's just so audaciously large? Can a smaller, Wrangler sized Humemr succeed?

Please email me at dan.neil@latimes.com. I'd like to get comments before 2 p.m. PST. Many thanks.

Dan Neil
LA Times
Mr. Neil, we Hummer owners are a very loyal bunch. I sent you an email with some of my opinions.

Rob

Quick Reply: Is this the beginning of the end of Hummer