PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Battery replacements that fit in standard box

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Default Battery replacements that fit in standard box

Hi all,

Please can you guys give me a list of batteries that fit into the standard battery box as replacement for the standard item. I do not wish to change from the standard battery box holder if possible.

My battery has died on my MY2007. I need to source in Europe so please make the list as long as possible - some options don't seem to be readily available over here.

Many thanks,
Mark

Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Banned

if im buying a standard type i just get the biggest ccr and physical batt that will fit in the space.i just changed to ugly brass connectors and in the process thru out the plastic box. that makes more room.
i doubt if anyone can ,or will spend a day or two shoppping all the stores to get all possible batt info. just go buy a big batt and stick it in.
example; at walmart all batts are the same price regardless of size,duh,ill take a big one pleeze!

bigr is better

Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 AM

Any group 86 battery will fit.

I am not sure what brands of batteries you can get in Europe but here are some examples
ACDelco 86-6YR
Interstate MTP-86
Deka 686MF or 787MF

Last edited by SundownAudioNY; 08-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Pay attention to drtom..Get rid of those junk connectors..and replace them with brass ones..I just bought an OPTIMA battery..They have a sale..$20 off...till the end of September..

Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
WBZ

Originally Posted by drtom
if im buying a standard type i just get the biggest ccr and physical batt that will fit in the space.i just changed to ugly brass connectors and in the process thru out the plastic box. that makes more room.
i doubt if anyone can ,or will spend a day or two shoppping all the stores to get all possible batt info. just go buy a big batt and stick it in.
example; at walmart all batts are the same price regardless of size,duh,ill take a big one pleeze!

bigr is better
Did you use the same cables and change the ends? I agree the the factory connectors are not very good. I recently got the diehard platinum which is doing great so far. I would like to make sure I have a good connection. Years ago I changed ends on some cables and didn't care for the way they attached.

I also agree that bigger is better. Years ago I was trying to get an oversize diehard for a mustang. The sales guy refused to sell it to me even after I explained that I had Ham radio equipment I often left on and would feel better with the bigger battery. The funny thing was I already had the exact same battery I was trying to purchase. The guy lost a sale and for years I didn't buy any more of their batteries.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

ive posted a dozen times on cables,i never cut the crimp off. look at other batt threads.
i found die hard batts died hard in abt 33 months and i quit them forever,,abt25 yrs ago. walmarts have been good.

i posted pics of brass and how to,,,previously.

that thread also had hunners 2 batt setup,,,nice!,,,my next venture is to copy his layout.

Last edited by drtom; 08-30-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Default OPTIMA and new connectors

Here my new Optima battery and new connectors!

The nylon strap did fit well to secure the battery...

Attached Thumbnails Battery replacements that fit in standard box-optima.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

i forgot this;

Years ago I changed ends on some cables and didn't care for the way they attached.
you dont want to chop the cable and squeese the bare strands. they will in time get dirty and corrode. if you want the pretty connectors and insist on chopping that great factory crimp,id solder the wires solid so the tiny set screws have something to hold.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 AM

Excatly this our house electrician told me not to do...soldering and then tight the screws.
He mentioned you get a better contact when directly pushing on the wires.
Maybe it would also work to first tight the screws and then fill the bore with solder?

To prevent corrosion...just use some contact grease.

I honesty do not think the wires will break as they also do not break in front of the factory clamping...
If I'm wrong and I get issues I will let you guys know.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately couldn't source any of your list batteries, but did find this one which fitted into the standard box with only minor modifications. It has a lot of juice!!

http://www.lapinakut.fi/files/batter...ma-900-ppt.jpg

Thanks

Quick Reply: Battery replacements that fit in standard box