PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Backup sensors probably saved a kid.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Default RE: Backup sensors probably saved a kid.

Dennis,
Do you know the part # for the new model?
I found the Dolphin Sonar Step online for $179.00, Part # EM-00-15000

Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm not sure about the model #..but it looks about right...If it has the blank space on the front forthe reflective sticker, it is the new model like I have...If it has the words SONAR STEP molded in to the unit on the front instead,it is the old model..

Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: finskeeper

I was backingout of a parking space at the local BestBuy when the backup sensors chirped. A little kid got loose from his mom anddarted behind the truck. Scared the sh%% out of me. Probably did the same to the mom.
Wow...That kid was really lucky...I was thinking about getting one myself..but wasn't to sure what brand to buy..and if they were any good..but after reading this tread, I am going to order one..thanks everyone.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

After what happened to me last night, I think I'll be buying one of these. Does it cover the entire width of the car, or just directly behind it?

Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

After what happened to me last night, I think I'll be buying one of these. Does it cover the entire width of the car, or just directly behind it?

My sensors begin chirping at approx 6'. My two outside sensors are aimed to pick up approximately 2 feet beyond the sides of the vehicle. They chirp when I'm backing out of the garage. I like the portability that Dennis has, but I also like the wide coverage that the permanent install gives.

BTW- They pick up both static and moving objects.A squirrel set mine off once. Couldn't back up fast enough to hit him! [&:][&:][&:]

-Brian
Name:  H3Sensors.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  68.6 KB

Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Yes it covers about a two foot area to either side of the rear too...Like Fins just said...mine detects the edge of the garage door as I'm backing out...Also it will detect curbs if they are over 6" tall

Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 PM

Hey Dennis,

Came real close to visiting you this weekend...

Name:  15d88c25229514122bbaf586a484179b.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  11.4 KB

Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 PM

Ah Shoot should of said something......Too bad about the loss

Did you get a chance to look around Brick Town?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

They only send out the newer version now and the guys at Echomaster told me this one is the best out there now and they had some problems with the earlier versions like I had..if your are talking about this oneon Ebay...it is a great deal!! and that is the newest version...I paid a year ago, $250.00 for the older, moreunreliable version.

My new one:

No..you have to have it in reverse for it to be active..like all brands do..it detects moving and stationary objects perfectly and well in advance of actual contact
Thanks for the info Dennis, I am sold!

Old 03-10-2007, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Ah Shoot should of said something......Too bad about the loss

Did you get a chance to look around Brick Town?
Ahh Dennis...my Jayhawks arestill winning!!!

I had access totickets, but I can't get out of KC due to an appointment tomorrow (Sat)morning. Congratulations to OSU. I can't believe that they beat A&M.

Quick Reply: Backup sensors probably saved a kid.