PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Backup sensors probably saved a kid.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Default Backup sensors probably saved a kid.

I was backingout of a parking space at the local BestBuy when the backup sensors chirped. A little kid got loose from his mom anddarted behind the truck. Scared the sh%% out of me. Probably did the same to the mom.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Default RE: Backup sensors probably saved a kid.

Glad to hear they paid off...

Speaking about Reverse Senors...My Dolphin brand Sona Step crapped out on me last month..I contacted Ecomaster and they promptly replaced it, 100% no charge..It works even better now..It is a new and improved model...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 AM

I really like the 'plug-n-play' feature of your system.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Speaking about Reverse Senors...My Dolphin brand Sona Step crapped out on me last month..I contacted Ecomaster and they promptly replaced it, 100% no charge..It works even better now..It is a new and improved model...

It was all the snow banks you where backing into

Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM

I've also been real happy with my Sonar Sensor.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I like that set up. How much did you pay and where did you get it from. I see one on Ebay for $179 +$8 ship. Is that a good deal and is that the newer version? Also does that detect things that are moving behind you? Or does also detect non moving objects (or both). One more question... does it detect things behind you even though your not in reverse. Like if something gets close behind you while your at a red light , etc.. .. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Also what is the newer model # that you have. So I can avoid getting the older version. thanks.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM

They only send out the newer version now and the guys at Echomaster told me this one is the best out there now and they had some problems with the earlier versions like I had..if your are talking about this oneon Ebay...it is a great deal!! and that is the newest version...I paid a year ago, $250.00 for the older, moreunreliable version.

My new one:

No..you have to have it in reverse for it to be active..like all brands do..it detects moving and stationary objects perfectly and well in advance of actual contact

Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Is the new one a break light also

Old 03-09-2007, 02:12 PM

No Mark,just some red reflective domed sticker..or you can put on one that says SONAR STEP in a silver reflective sticker (kit comes with both types of stickers, pretty high quality stickers I might add)..I don't advertise on my vehicles for nobody, unless they pay me...

Quick Reply: Backup sensors probably saved a kid.