PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Back up Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Default Back up Camera

Any thought on a good back up camera? 05 H2 SUV
Just bought a few days ago. Wiring is in place, fortunately, so it should be plug and play.
It looks like it probably turns on anytime you put the shifter in reverse, is that correct? Anytime we shift, the nav screen goes blank. I assume once the camera is in place, it should be showing the camera view.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 AM

It would depend if you have the factory one or an aftermarket one.

If you completed the wiring, then you should be just about finished. Install the camera unit and connect as directed. Most systems activate when you go into reverse.

I have the factory system so I can provide more info for you if that's the system you have.

You might also do a search here and just type in "backup camera" and see the other threads already discussing this issue for faster information.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Threedog
Any thought on a good back up camera? 05 H2 SUV
Just bought a few days ago. Wiring is in place, fortunately, so it should be plug and play.
It looks like it probably turns on anytime you put the shifter in reverse, is that correct? Anytime we shift, the nav screen goes blank. I assume once the camera is in place, it should be showing the camera view.
that sounds correct. I"ve used both cheap and expensive backup cams and i HIGHLY suggest paying more. the cheap ones (10-30$ will go bad very fast). I've used this camera on 2x H2's and it's amazing, high quality image and doesnt crackle or flash alot when you go into reverse, seems like the cheap cameras take alot longer to power on (from the reversing) and display a clear picture. Clarion CC4001U - you can find this around 100 or less, really nice cam.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM

I would agree..............you get what you pay for. Don't cut corners for cost, especially if its a safety feature!!!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:47 AM

I have ordered a camera. It was $25. Haven't received it yet. The one I ordered wasn't CMOS, but CCD. According to what I read, the CCD was supposed to have a better picture. Also, the one I ordered had IR LEDs for night vision, which is what we really needed it for.

We'll see. For $25, if it doesn't work out, no big deal. I can order something else later.

Thanks for the input though.