PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Aux Switches

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Default Aux Switches

I am looking at lights for my gobi rack but i cant think of a good way to turn them on!
I see there are 2 plugs in the dash under the climate controls for what I assume to be switches. Maybe for the roof lights and..something else?
Anybody know where I can get switches to go in there or just the part # for the factory Aux switch? A picture would be nice I suppose too.
And then does anybody know how to wire up a gobi rack??? It came with wires but they arent attached to anything..?

Old 09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Default RE: Aux Switches

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

I am looking at lights for my gobi rack but i cant think of a good way to turn them on!
I see there are 2 plugs in the dash under the climate controls for what I assume to be switches. Maybe for the roof lights and..something else?
Anybody know where I can get switches to go in there or just the part # for the factory Aux switch? A picture would be nice I suppose too.
And then does anybody know how to wire up a gobi rack??? It came with wires but they arent attached to anything..?
Ghost,

The 2 oem switches are made for the roof and brush guard oem off-road lights and each kit comes with a harness. The switch will work with other lights but you need the harness plug to plug into the back of the switch. I just bought a switch/harness from a guy on another list for by gobi lights and am waiting for it and will figure out how to wire it when I have it in hand.

Don't have a part # at the moment but check with your dealer and they can get the #'s for you. I think you can get the switch/harness for about $50 from gmpartsdirect. You can get other switches to work in those holes but most toggle switches just don't look right and I wanted mine to look factory.

The wires on the gobi are for wiring rear back-up lights they just run from front to back on each side. I used them but just one pair on the left side to run both lights.

Here's a pic of a garage door opener I wired into one of mine 2 switch locations using a momentary switch from radio shack.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2006, 01:16 PM

Thats a good idea with the garage door opener! Instead of $100 in switches, I think I am going to try a on-off-on toggle from radioshack for the rears so I can either have them on all the time, off, or come on in reverse...Just waiting on them to be delivered! Then a 2 way toggle for the fronts whenever I decide to get those too.

Did you find a clean place to run the wires up to the rack without drilling a hole through the roof?

Old 09-30-2006, 01:30 PM

I got these....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

Did you find a clean place to run the wires up to the rack without drilling a hole through the roof?
I'm going down the A pillar on the outside but haven't pulled the cover off yet to see how to get in the cab or under the hood. My roof rails are supposed to be replaced next week (cracked) so I'm waiting to run the wiring after that. I may have a look this weekend and let you know.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 AM

Connector GM Part # 12101864

Switch GM Part # 88963884
I paid $48 for each switch at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM

If you loosen the
plastic on the top there is a channel you can run the wire through. Take the plastic off the piller there is a screw that holds it in place then pop it out. There are a few bayonet clips you have to pop out. Next pull the fake air box up. open the hood and pull up it will come off. Becarefull you dont slam it into the bottom of the hood. Now you have room to run wires to the engin. I put 8" KCs on a Tule MOAB rack.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:39 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 06:38 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/954/B6A2FEC81D4A44278B785F6B9A44044F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

I wired a lighted Toggle switch for my light bar, this one in fact:

I ran wires from the switch to the relay through the door hinge area. I'll have to take some pics of it. I used the power for the switch from the cigarette lighter I believe, either that or the car stereo. I don't remember. I used a 25 Amp relay and the switch is rated at 20A. I can take pics if you want.

[IMG]local://upfiles/863/9A8D495EACC84B13A65DC1A053548D01.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: fisherman119

Connector GM Part # 12101864

Switch GM Part # 88963884
I paid $48 for each switch at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM

If you loosen the
plastic on the top there is a channel you can run the wire through. Take the plastic off the piller there is a screw that holds it in place then pop it out. There are a few bayonet clips you have to pop out. Next pull the fake air box up. open the hood and pull up it will come off. Becarefull you dont slam it into the bottom of the hood. Now you have room to run wires to the engin. I put 8" KCs on a Tule MOAB rack.
fisherman119, are these part numbers for the same switches as in The Riddler's pics?

Quick Reply: Aux Switches