PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Automatic headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Default RE: Automatic headlights

all you have to do is after you put it in DRIVE turn the light switch *** to the left and it will spring back vertical. This turns off all exterior lights. If you want to keep your marker lights on turn the dial one position right and it will stay there.You will hear the door chime when you get out reminding you to put the **** back to vertical. I always turn them off or use the marker lights. Remember if you put it in park and go back to drive you have to do the **** thing again.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

Yes, the 06 DRL's were the amber lamps in the turn signal housing but in 2007 they changed it to a headlight DRL like most other GM vehicles. They are the same light as the headlight but the current is run through a resistor to reduce the wattage thus making the lamps appear dimmer. If you don't like them on just pull the fuse under the hood and they'll go away.
Actually the later build 2006 units have the headlights as DRLs, not the amber lights. Mine is like this.

As mentioned previously, it is quite simple to pull the fuse and deactivate the DRL feature.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, somewhere in the 2006 production (later???) they switched to the headlightsasDRLs. I just flick the **** to the left every start by habit to shut them down in my 07. However, to mess up this tidy subject, some folks on herereported they have the2007 H3swith the amber DRLs in a much earlier thread, so figure that out??

Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 PM

mine is a lter 2006,thats why mine are on

Old 09-30-2007, 11:23 AM

Hey Doc Olds....Yes, there are ALWAYS some guys who have to muddy up the details with facts. Yes, some 06's have headlight DRL's just like some 07's have the forward mounted window controls, this was a mid-year change. But that's a different subject for a different thread...

Old 09-30-2007, 12:42 PM

You can always check your interior lights too.
If the dash lights (all the buttons and guages) are lit up, your headlights are on.
If no dash lights, you're on DRL's.
Also, if your fogs are on, your headlights are on.

If it turns out your headlights ARE on.Check for these...
1) Are you turning on the H3 in the garage or the shade? This makes them come on because its dark where it was turned on. It takes a few minutes in the light for them to turn off.
2) Do you have a parking sticker above the light sensor (passenger side dash board)? They cast shadows and shadowsmake the sensor think its dark. It doesnt matter if its light out, all the sensor knows is if its light on it.
3) Do you have crap on your dash? My buddy put a book on my dash during a road trip and I didnt even realize that he put it on top of the light sensor. It was driving me crazy why my headlights kept coming on.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveO

Yes, the 06 DRL's were the amber lamps in the turn signal housing but in 2007 they changed it to a headlight DRL like most other GM vehicles. They are the same light as the headlight but the current is run through a resistor to reduce the wattage thus making the lamps appear dimmer. If you don't like them on just pull the fuse under the hood and they'll go away.
You can also just turn the **** selectorto the left to the"O" postion = OFF and the lights turn off.
There is no "O"=Off positiononly an Auto, Park and On

Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 PM

My 06 runs the parking lights for drl which happens to be illegal here in Arkansas. Hmmmm, some oneDID say lights! antiup

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/629BADE6341942B08216FFA3F405EA29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2007, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: SteveO

You can also just turn the **** selectorto the left to the"O" postion = OFF and the lights turn off.
There is no "O"=Off positiononly an Auto, Park and On
My 2007 selector **** to the left of AUTO has an "O" your lights go outturning it to the left.After you turn the **** it goes back to the Auto "Middle"position,It is also stated in the manual.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 AM

The spring loaded "O" position is actually a toggle.

Quick Reply: Automatic headlights